Alrighty.
I have a Schecter Damein FR, bought it when i was obsessed with metal, but (thankfully) it has passive EMG HZ)
I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 that has beautiful cleans for what i play now (blues, rock, jam, post-rock, steve vai type stuff sometimes, a little jazz) but a terrible drive.
I have a ds-1 that is really cold and sterile sounding, and i want a really nice warm overdrive with a large gain range. Meaning, I want to be able to have like the tiniest bit of grit sometimes, but i also want to get into relatively thick drive range, good enough for some shredding. Think the sound of a vox AC30 on top boost cranked with a little bit more gain. 100$ is all i have, i could try to swing for something that is like 150$ tops. Help meh pleasee.
(If for some reason my rig helps this situation, i have a fab chorus, a vox 847 wah, and a hardwire delay on top of the ds-1)
just mod the crap out of your DS1.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
yea, with the budget you have, you might as well mod the DS-1
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by Ghold125
take a look at the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde

I'm diggin this, thank you
Hardwire CM-2 Tube OD.

Best youll find for 100$.

Also the jekyls and Hyde by visual sounds, it aint true bypass tough and i think it goes for 150.

also if you can try to find one of these.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/AMT-Electronics-FT1-Fatal-Tube-Overdrive?sku=156611

damn awesome for 120, tried one at some small shop and was very impressed.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Dec 31, 2008,
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"