I own an Epiphone goth explorer. Fantastic guitar really, except for the pickups. They're just a little... blah really. Bland for my taste, not enough roundness or warmth in the neck, or agression and push in the bridge.

I'm concidering a set of emg's, would it be possible to have an emg 81tw in the bridge and emg 91 in the neck?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
why not?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by grifff
I doubt EMG's would add warmth, but maybe im wrong.

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=6&catalogid=7

Thats what I'm looking at for the neckpickup, which is both why i ask and it sounds like the sound catagory I'm looking for.

Never tried the 91, might be good.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Tempoe
I would go 81 bridge and 85w neck for the neck single coil clean warm sound.

I'm looking for something a little deeper, bass-er then a single coil (a la strat) type of clean. More sensual, if that makes any sense. To me single coils are like a first or second date, what I'm looking for is more like a honeymoon (I hope this makes sense)

Quote by zekk
I'm looking for something a little deeper, bass-er then a single coil (a la strat) type of clean. More sensual, if that makes any sense. To me single coils are like a first or second date, what I'm looking for is more like a honeymoon (I hope this makes sense)

Yea sorry, I think the 91 might be great for you but as i said I've never tried it.
I say emgs give you a more muddy darker shound because there active pickups.
I like passive picks because they give you great destortion and they sound brighter. Try seymour duncans I love those.
Quote by King of King V
I say emgs give you a more muddy darker shound because there active pickups.
I like passive picks because they give you great destortion and they sound brighter. Try seymour duncans I love those.

I'm traditionally a seymour duncan fan, but I'm just exploring other avenues. Model suggestions?

EMG Explorers are good enough for skwisgar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor