i need to find a motherboard for a apple ibook A1005. before telling me i should switch to windows, i already have a windows, the apple isnt mine, im helping a friend. Are motherboards computer specific, or operating system specific,

could u guys recommed me some

im googling ATM
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Simply said, mobo's generally determine what stuff you get to buy. Type of ram, processor, maybe even hd's. I don't know how you're gonna find a laptop mobo. I thought they were proprietary.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Laptops in particular are incredibly computer-specific, often down to the revision number. You need to find an Apple original motherboard for that exact Book - try eBay.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
It's not are motherboards compatible with your computer.

It's are your computer parts compatible with your motherboard.

You need to find out if your motherboard is going to support the RAM, processor, video card, etc you are going to be using with it.

Maybe I don't understand your question. But you just can't take any motherbaord and any PC part and just stick em together.
ok so i need to check if the parts in the computer are compatible with the motherboard?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Rewind everyone - an iBook is a laptop. A non-iBook board won't even fit, let alone be compatible.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by captaincrunk
you need to let someone else do this for you, you seem like the type to mess it up

Yeah.. No offense, but if you're asking questions like that, you need to take it somewhere and let them do it. Your friend won't appreciate you destroying his computer.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Make sure the parts are compatible with the motherboard and dear god MAKE SURE IT FITS IN YOU'RE COMPUTER. I made the mistake of buying one that was too large for my computer shell. I ran a shuttle at the time.
GEAR

Ibanez RG 420 CM

Line 6 Spider III
Quote by Supafly1824
It's not are motherboards compatible with your computer.

It's are your computer parts compatible with your motherboard.

You need to find out if your motherboard is going to support the RAM, processor, video card, etc you are going to be using with it.

Maybe I don't understand your question. But you just can't take any motherbaord and any PC part and just stick em together.

There's also the fact that certain computer housings are required for certain motherboards. My computer is a 3 year-old Dell and the housing won't let me upgrade my computer, which means I would be better off getting a new computer than trying to mess with the one I currently have.