Page 1 of 2
It's really all over the place.

See, when we played covers, we stayed general rock (Weezer). But because I'm writing the music with the help of another member, it's scattered. We have so many different songs of different styles, no two are the same.
i don't even know what my band plays... we're like alternative-punk with metal and grunge influences
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Commercial hard rock. I describe us as kind of Nirvana meets Boston.

A local promoter describes us as "like Cheap Trick, only a lot heavier."

Others call us 'power pop.'

So... somewhere in that area.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Commercial hard rock. I describe us as kind of Nirvana meets Boston.

A local promoter describes us as "like Cheap Trick, only a lot heavier."

Others call us 'power pop.'

So... somewhere in that area.

CT

does ur band have a site?
A Favor House Atlantic - Coheed and Cambria - Jack - 3 mins

Otherside - The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Kevin - 4 mins

Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne - Adam - 3 mins

London's Calling - The Clash - Dan - 3 mins

The Trooper - Iron Maiden - Matthew - 4 mins

Teenagers - My Chemical Romance - Jack - 2:30 mins

Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Greenday - Matthew - 5 mins

1985 - Bowling for Soup - Adam - 3 mins

Reptilia - The Strokes - Kevin - 3:30 mins

The Seeker - The Who - Dan - 3:30 mins

For Whom The Bells Tolls - Metallica - Kevin - 5 mins

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) - Coheed and Cambria - Jack - 5 mins

Seek and Destroy - Metallica - Adam - 4 mins

Can't Stop - The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Matthew - 4:30 mins

Away From Here - The Enemy - Dan - 3 mins

You can gather the types of music we play off that list there, a selection of songs that we play. I copied it from a notepad file our bassist made so it includes rough estimations of how long the songs are when we play them, and who picked the song. (We take turns choosing songs and then all agree whether or not we want to play them)
100% new material 100% of the time, inlfuenced by TOOL and LAMB OF GOD if u could imagine
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Smoke in the Trees We normally play Funk and Blues, sometimes go off and do some grunge
I'm trying to get two things together, a bossa nova trio (singer, percussion and guitar) and a blues/rock/whatever group with another guitarist a bassist and drums.

I lack the bass in the second band and my trio it too busy to rehearse. They're both in uni so have much less time than I do.
Our band currently is nameless (I checked last night and Sonar was already taken)
We play more modern stuff e.g The Killers, Green Day
If anyone has a band name for us can you message me and we will consider all in reason
Psychedelic music of a range of types and levels - ranging from rock-influenced to psytrance. Dylan, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, Radiohead influenced. Some of it's quite odd, other bits could be considered commercially accessible.

All good fun to listen to. :P

(Desolation Row is the name)
Perfect Third
We play melodic death... i guess. We kinda go from a song that sounds like thrash, to A7X kinda stuff to Pantera, to Opeth. All originals though. so I guess that would be the genre...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Eyeshot- We play Progressive Heavy Rock

In an article in the paper they described our sound as Soundgarden meets Alice in Chains
A link to our site is in my sig!
My main influence is Steve Harris, followed by Steve DiGiorgio
Check out my band Eyeshot at www.myspace.com/eyeshot1122
I play Bass and I'm damn proud of it.
we play the kind of music found in my profile. of course i am my own band so it makes songwriting easier.... not nearly as many arguments over the music either.
Well my soon to be band, will be a modern thrash metal band, REALLY 80s, but loads heavier. Bands we like : Metallic, slayer, flotsam and jetsam, anthrax, megadeth, and stuff like that.
Empty Arms - Horror Punk with some goth, metal and rock influences

30 AD - just getting started but it's pretty much rock with a little metal, classic rock and punk
Thrash / Power Metal with a little bit of Blues.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I don't play music. I play the vibrations coming from the inner soul, and into my eyes perspires the interstellar force of alien insanity. We play what some of you people would call, Psychadelic Garage Thrash. Think of it as Hendrix and Lemmy got really drunk and decided to form a band with Keith Moon. More or less it's Hendrix meets Motorhead meets the Who meets Maiden meets Rush.
Rivers - if we're talking in terms of genre combinations that purevolume and myspace may throw up at you I figure we'd be something along the lines of.... Rock/Jazz/Other. Think of something like a less poppy Mew who use a load of jazz harmony (where it sounds good in the song of course and not just for the sake of it) meets various other vaguely progressive rock acts that you see scattered throughout todays genres... and that all important hint of ambience. hehe

Rock with a twist perhaps? lol I dunno

A band that inspires me at the moment at least is one called The Reign Of Kindo. I don't know if they're at all well known, or know much about them for that matter but I came across them on PV and thought instantly if we could make something thats even half as cool as them then all is well with the world. Of course we only really started at the end of the semester just gone and have yet to have a proper full band structured practice, so anything could happen in the future to be absolutely honest.

Random blurt over lol
Last edited by Of_Wolves at Jan 1, 2009,
i have no idea really, some sort of cross between hardcore and pop punk is the best way for me to describe it haha
Uh... I can't tell you what my band plays... i'm really not sure

Lets say... the bastard child of the following:

Lamb Of God
Misery Signals
All Shall Perish
The Beautiful Mistake
Circa Survive
Meshuggah
Deftones
Early Metallica
City And Colour
Unearth
and Underoath

Heavystuff,withprettychordstuffandnicemelodies,plusscreamingandbreakdownsintertwined
withnoise/ambienceandpostmodernacoustic/alternative - CORE

i dunno:S
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
we play 60's rock up to today's hard rock and metal but our own songs are just kinda everything
Quote by Shredder XXX
Uh... I can't tell you what my band plays... i'm really not sure

Lets say... the bastard child of the following:

Lamb Of God
Misery Signals
All Shall Perish
The Beautiful Mistake
Circa Survive
Meshuggah
Deftones
Early Metallica
City And Colour
Unearth
and Underoath

Heavystuff,withprettychordstuffandnicemelodies,plusscreamingandbreakdownsintertwined
withnoise/ambienceandpostmodernacoustic/alternative - CORE

i dunno:S

WHAT?!?!?!? How can you be influenced by both haha.
Mimic the French - A Guitar/Vox(me) and drums band. Somewhere between Incubus and acoustic emo stuff, but with semi-political lyrics.
myspace.com/mimicthefrench but there's no music up yet, hope to have it within a week or so.
Quote by Another bassist
i have no idea really, some sort of cross between hardcore and pop punk is the best way for me to describe it haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOdl7A5y6wQ ?

Myu band plays screamo/metalcore/mathcore. We've only written one song and that's what it sounds like.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
i play in a 4 piece...we're still working on a name. we have me (guitar and vox) a drummer, a bassist and a violin/mandolin/keyboard player

we play a mix of proggressive/blues/rock/pop/funk.
Too cool for a signature.
Page 1 of 2