I am a huge fan of heavy metal and I just love the whole Dimebag Darrel sound. (RIP)

So I have a metal zone pedal, and I want to know what settings would get this sound. It is really amazing how you can change the sound with this thing, but I don't have any more patience to spend time going through many combinations.

Anyone have an idea as to what I should have the settings to? And thanks in advance.
Scoop some mids but not too many. Id say not on full gain, alot of his tone came from the amp volume and tubes breaking up more so than pure distortion. add more bass add more treble. Should work.
YOull have to fool with it anyways, and id recomend a metal muff if you decide you dont like the tone your getting and take it back.
Good luck!
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Scoop some mids but not too many. Id say not on full gain, alot of his tone came from the amp volume and tubes breaking up more so than pure distortion. add more bass add more treble. Should work.
YOull have to fool with it anyways, and id recomend a metal muff if you decide you dont like the tone your getting and take it back.
Good luck!

Dimebag didn't use tubes I don't know if the 12ax7's in the V2 would really 'break up' as you describe...

If TS would return it, IbanezPsycho suggests the Line 6 Uber Metal as Pantera-in-a-box.

Simplest solution - mess with the knobs yourself instead of asking UG
We're not YOUR ears.
Quote by LaGrange
Good luck!

Honestly I wouldn't listen to this guy at all. Dimebag used Randall solid-state amps not tube.

dudey5691 has the best advice.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Yes, I have tried already. but I want people who know this pedal better than me to give me their two cents.

Thanks for the comments though. =]
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Honestly I wouldn't listen to this guy at all. Dimebag used Randall solid-state amps not tube.

dudey5691 has the best advice.

didnt dimbag also use krank rev amps cuz he has a custom signature amp and he designed it when he was still alive

TS i you have a metal muff and not a metal core i could help you
on the muff all you need to do is scoop the mids and turn on the top boost and BOOM you have dime's sound
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
One suggestion, when you scoop the mids use your mid freq control so you pulling the higher mids rather than the lower, that should give you the cool, scooped agression we all love without sacrificing too much "omph" in your low end.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
didnt dimbag also use krank rev amps cuz he has a custom signature amp and he designed it when he was still alive

TS i you have a metal muff and not a metal core i could help you
on the muff all you need to do is scoop the mids and turn on the top boost and BOOM you have dime's sound

Just because he endorsed it doesn't mean he played it. I think he mainly used Randall solid state amps, though.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Just because he endorsed it doesn't mean he played it. I think he mainly used Randall solid state amps, though.

Yeah. The Warhead series which aren't in production anymore.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."