I just got a FR and it came with the 4th string kinda broken. I removed it and it seemed to be medium gauge. I only had light gauge but it snapped when I tuned it. After many tries and with my second light gauge(first was unusable) it finally worked. I then used the tremolo and went upward and it snapped again. By the way when I mean snap I mean the end of the string just pops out of the bridge. And the string also gets screwed up and stringy. Like ======-----.
Wrong forum, but it's probably a defect in the bridge somewhere, get it checked by a professional.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
But the original string didn't pop out when I use tremolo. I think it's because of the gauge. But is there a way to do this without buying new strings?
You might not be stringing it tight enough if it's a Floyd Rose. You need to really get the string secure or it will pop out like you said.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
wrong forum but it will be the bridge saddle trust me you could try filing it down first
Last edited by Andr00 at Dec 30, 2008,