Quote by Pac_man0123
Get a new amp first. Every guitar will sound like a $200 epiphone through that amp no matter what you throw at it.

+1 you aint gonna get any good tone outta that line6 spider 3 ya got
Quote by suckafish666
I was just thinking about it, I was going to go with that or try to get a custom guitar built.

You could get a great amp and a custom made guitar for cheaper or close to the equivalent price.
Quote by suckafish666
$3600 on Ebay

You know u can get:

A musicman BFR for that cash?
A good PRS model for that cash?
A Gibson Les Paul custom with that cash?

All better than that dark fire.
the technology in the dark fire and robot are both very cool, but it's really just not worth the price at this point. I'm not a purist who's afraid of the new technology, and i dont get angry at the idea of not having to tune, but realistically this thing is like a portable media player ~6 years ago- cool promising technology, but way more expensive than its worth, and will be totally cool down the road when it's cheap enough.

That said, if i won the lottery i might pick one up just for its coolness.

and yea- its useless running it through a ****ty amp
i saw one at a shop the other day in ohio, nothing to write home about from what i saw i only noticed it because of the pickup combo

dont go for it, its just a bunch of silly widgets in a les paul
NOPE
Quote by GuitarGuy X
You know u can get:

A musicman BFR for that cash?
A good PRS model for that cash?
A Gibson Les Paul custom with that cash?

All better than that dark fire.

I don't know much about guitars...but you could get a used car for that much!!
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
I just played one in teh Guitar Center in Orlando and its cool and all but not worth it if your not gonna be needing to tune your guitar in under 3 seconds. it sounded good and all but i thought the les paul standard had better tone quailty compared to it.
Imagine years from now, you'd have a nice Les Paul, except it's full of ****ty electronics that don't work anymore.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd get a Hughes & Kettner Zentera and a PRS for the same price TBH.

is the zentera really that good? i read couple reviews and they weren't that great. what is so special about it beside the fact that its almost like a line 6 vetta
Quote by kckyle
is the zentera really that good? i read couple reviews and they weren't that great. what is so special about it beside the fact that its almost like a line 6 vetta

It's better than a Line 6 Vetta
The AC30 model actually sounds better than an AC30.
It's SS.
Darkfire NNNNOOOOOOOOOO! utter S.H.I.T. Yet another example of Gibsons R&D's not being in touch with reality.
But, you have a Gibson Les Paul Gothic. Why do you need another Gibson Les Paul?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
If you really want a Darkfire hold out on one for a year or so, the first run is the test run to see if they work, check the Gibson forums.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
If you really want a Darkfire hold out on one for a year or so, the first run is the test run to see if they work, check the Gibson forums.

Oh yes. I've been following up on this guitar since it was announced.

I thought that for such an expensive guitar, Gibson was really gonna impress us with the electronics and quality of the guitar.

After reading most of the threads in the Dark Fire section of the Gibson forums, the answer is no.

Gibson has, yet again, screwed its hardcore fans over. First, they lied to them about the first gen Robot guitar ( how it was gonna be a "collectors item" and would "jump" in price, etc) and released a much better Robot guitar for almost half the price 6 months later.

Now with the Dark Fire, they did the same: It has many quality issues and electronics issues. The guitar just doesn't work. They even stopped production of it so they can re-evaluate their plan.

By "re-evaluate", I mean release a better working version for cheaper and completely ignoring the people who bought the original.