Hey guys. So I'm having a little problem with my triple guitar stand. I'll have my three guitars on the stand, and the top part of the stand that holds the necks of the guitars will slowly turn and I'll turn around and look at my guitars and they'll all be slanted verticle, ready to fall. Is there something I can tighten or something to get the top to stay still? The last thing I want is to have my guitars fall in the middle of the night.

Here's the kind of stand I have(I didn't buy it from that site, it was just the first right stand when I googled Stagg Triple Guitar Stand): http://www.closeout.com/db-sg-a300bk.html
Strats & Seagulls
duct tape it?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
well ya know.. i'm very sophisticated and have to have everything perfect.. can you tell?

BTW.. i'm a licensed Ductsmith
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
You didnt ask for a classy way of doing it, you asked for a way to get it done. And duct tape may very well get it done.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Return it and get the this one for cheaper... And it has alot pretty big screw on top to lock it in....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear-Triple-Guitar-Stand-451063-i1322958.gc

I'd like to see if there was a way to fix this one first, since the guy who sold me it owns the closest Godin dealership and if I keep on his good side he'll prolly give me a beastly deal on a new guitar when the time comes. But I mean, obviously if I can't find a fix (other than duct tape ) I'll have to return it.

Quote by TNfootballfan62
You didnt ask for a classy way of doing it, you asked for a way to get it done. And duct tape may very well get it done.

True. But like I said above, I don't want it covered in that nasty duct tape tape stuff it leaves behind if I have to return it.
Strats & Seagulls
there's no way to fix it.

even if you were to put weights on the feet, you'd still have to worry that the stand might fall over one day.

A frame stands are safer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
there's no way to fix it.

even if you were to put weights on the feet, you'd still have to worry that the stand might fall over one day.

A frame stands are safer.

I'm not too worried that the stand itself will fall, just the piss useless spinning part not staying in place.
Strats & Seagulls
Mine has a big nut to tighten so the top part wont spin. The nut looks like a handle.