Is there any chance that a Gibson neck (or any neck with a rosewood fretboard and symmetrical headstock really) will fit on my Squier '51?

I'm beginning to mod it, and my first order of business is to find a neck that has a different shape, doesn't look Fenderesque, and doesn't feel like it wants to put shards of wood in my hands.

Thanks.
Last edited by jcmoods at Dec 30, 2008,
aren't really old squiers worth a lot of money?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
It's a model name.
Anyways, look at warmoth.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
aren't really old squiers worth a lot of money?

There were no Squiers around in 1951, if that's what you're thinking. The '51 is a Squier model well-admired on UG, mostly because of its bang-for-the-buck quality and moddability.

And to answer OP's question, no, a Gibson neck will not fit on a Squier body. Generally, Gibson's neck dimensions are 24.75" scale whereas Squiers and Fenders are 25.5" scale. It won't fit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by jcmoods
Is there any chance that a Gibson neck (or any neck with a rosewood fretboard and symmetrical headstock really) will fit on my Squier '51?

I'm beginning to mod it, and my first order of business is to find a neck that has a different shape, doesn't look Fenderesque, and doesn't feel like it wants to put shards of wood in my hands.

Thanks.
They have different scale lengths. The easiest and most expensive option is to order from Warmoth. The neck will be more expensive than the guitar.

What I've done is install a MIJ Tokai neck. I've also replaced the nut, the PUs, and the electronics.

I have a warmoth 24.75 neck on my squire its a mahogany/rosewood with the 3 per side tuners. Dropped right in no problems with scale length. Theres a pic on my profile.
you can put differant scale necks on bodies, as long as the bridge's screws are long enough to intonate to the bridge. Like, I'm putting a Fender vintage style bridge on my Squier Thinline, but, I have to use a differant screw for the B/E saddle, because the original screw is too short.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
fender cyclone has a neck with the same dimensions as the ones found in les pauls

if this info helps O_o

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Ebay a neck , that'd be your best bet , or warmoth/stew mac tough those are expensive.