i just bought a mesa boogie single rectifier off of ebay today.
and i'm not a huge effects kind of guy, i mainly just use my noise gate,
an occasional weird chorusy swell from my vintage memory man, and
some reverb. well before i decided on the mesa boogie i wanted to get
a nice delay pedal. and now that i don't have the built in reverb from my
XXX, i want some reverb too. i'm looking into TC electronics rack gear,
and i was thinking the G Major, but i find that overkill because effects wise
all i want to use is delay reverb - so i was thinking the G Sharp, and sometimes
harmonizing on leads - so next i will get a super shifter.
so the thing is i bassically want 3 sounds clean rhythm and lead. with the G sharp
i figure i want the reverb and chorus on the clean channel, no effects on the rhythm
besides my noise gate, then for a lead sound i want delay and reverb. so i want
to look into an interfase, and foot controller - bassically to change between 1
preset (ch1), another preset (solo), and nothing on the G sharp, and then the noise gate when on channel 2. now i don't want to go out and spend 200 dollars on some huge midi pedal, and 8 input midi switcher to switch between 3 sounds.
is there any midi setup i could use, say a small midi switcher, and 2 or 3 button pedal?
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Yep take a loof at some foot controllers on musicians friend, and Rivera amps have a few of them.
I have no advice for you gear related, sorry, but please, learn to write paragraphs instead of a chunk of text.
Quote by AdamDK
I have no advice for you gear related, sorry, but please, learn to write paragraphs instead of a chunk of text.

Yes
checked musicians friend yesterday, everything seems like over kill.
and yes i know how to type paragraphs, im just very tired. long day
of practise and recording :/ but ill try rivera?
i know it doesn't i have an MXR smartgate.
Quote by iheartmy7
i was thinking the G Major, but i find that overkill because effects wise
all i want to use is delay reverb - so i was thinking the G Sharp, and sometimes
harmonizing on leads - so next i will get a super shifter.

To be honest, it would probably be worth it to go ahead and jump for the G Major. It has noise reduction which could let you pull the MXR out of the signal path, plus it has two relays that you can use for your amp channel switching. This would simplify your pedal arrangement to nothing but a small Midi board. In addition, the G Major has harmonizing capabilities as well, which could potentially eliminate the need to purchase an additional pedal in the future. I know it may seem like overkill right now, but once you have the versatility you'll not regret the decision.

Quote by iheartmy7
i don't want to go out and spend 200 dollars on some huge midi pedal

You can't get a good "huge" Midi board for $200. In fact you will probably find it difficult to find a good "small" Midi board for less than that. A good "huge" Midi board can easily run you over $1000. The first thing that springs to mind is the Rocktron Midi Mate, but you don't want to spend the money ($199). Tech21 makes a couple of Midi floor controllers, the Midi Moose is something like $179 and should give you exactly what you need, plus some room to expand in the future. The Midi Mouse is only $109 and would get the job done, but not much more.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM