Hi, I just learned to play the acoustic guitar (memorized my chords and everything). I am really wanting to learn how to play Stay Beautiful by Taylor Swift. Only thing is, i can't quite figure out the strumming pattern. I tried listening to it over and over and watched someone else play on youtube, i but i still couldn't get it. I've never really had to determine a strumming pattern before. I thought it was something along the lines of down up - down up down up, but that didn't turn out sounding quite right. If anyone could please help me out, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

link to chords (there's a capo on the 1st fret also)
link to youtube video
I can't help tooo much, it doesn't look particularly difficult, but here's a tip: put &fmt=18 at the end of the youtube link in the browser, and it'll be high quality. That may make it easier to see how she's strumming it. Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
From the tab comments:
Wondewall7:

5 stars. if anybody needs strumming pattern just pm me and I'll send it to you

Good luck!
Quote by Sid McCall
I can't help tooo much, it doesn't look particularly difficult, but here's a tip: put &fmt=18 at the end of the youtube link in the browser, and it'll be high quality. That may make it easier to see how she's strumming it. Good luck!

Thank you, that did make it better.
You could just do what I do:

Make up your own pattern. It makes the song more unique.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
You could just do what I do:

Make up your own pattern. It makes the song more unique.

This.

Or count out the beats to it, then count to it 1 and 2 and 3 and 4, (8ths) slow it down in a program if you can, then count beats to it and see what numbers see strums on. If she is strumming a lot (sorry didn't watch the videos) count out 1 e and a 2 e and a 3 e and a 4 e and a, and see what beats she strums on (16ths).
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
when I first started playing guitar (about year and half ago) that was my biggest problem was trying to find strumming patters for songs. as you get better you can just pick up it pretty easy. what helped me was listen to the beat and speed of the speed of the music and after a few minutes you'll get it. it might not work for everyone but that is how i did it. hope it helps.
I quickly listened to the song, from what I can gather, it's Down,Down,Up,Down,UP and it repeats. Could be wrong but just my contribution.
...I Just Got Rick'd

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

Btw, Stratopower is dead on so just go with that.
Pot
Kettle
Black