Got an Ibanez Gio 2 day and im gonna take out the 3 way selector and put in a 5 way for coil tapping and I need some good cheap humbuckers. Any Suggestions?
-Jake Blackwood
Your gonna get this from about everyone so I say buy a new guitar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Why buy a cheap guitar and then want to put cheap humbuckers in it?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
This one for the bridge and this one for the neck. It'll be about as versatile as they come but you are going to have to cough up the cash. You can't expect better sound out of cheap stuff.

EDIT:
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Your gonna get this from about everyone so I say buy a new guitar

He just bought it 2 days ago. read the original post once in a while. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Gio series. That's what I learned on and it was great.
Quote by ortrigger

EDIT:
He just bought it 2 days ago. read the original post once in a while. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Gio series. That's what I learned on and it was great.

He said he got it "2 day" That means today.
And they aren't bad, I just wouldn't want to mod a starter guitar when you can spend about the same price and get a good guitar with good parts instead of a crappy guitar with "cheap" components, which he's looking to buy.

Quote by Psalm 150:4
He said he got it "2 day" That means today.
And they aren't bad, I just wouldn't want to mod a starter guitar when you can spend about the same price and get a good guitar with good parts instead of a crappy guitar with "cheap" components, which he's looking to buy.

Ever heard of that thing that your brain does? It completes things sometimes so that they will seem logical. I guess that happened to me. The Gio's aren't really that bad. They definitely beat the crap out of Squier but people still mod those. I say if he wants to mod then go for it but for it to be rewarding in the end TS will have to use good components.
Quote by ortrigger
Ever heard of that thing that your brain does? It completes things sometimes so that they will seem logical. I guess that happened to me. The Gio's aren't really that bad. They definitely beat the crap out of Squier but people still mod those. I say if he wants to mod then go for it but for it to be rewarding in the end TS will have to use good components.

You're forgiven

TS: A friend on mine has these and they sound good for "cheapish" humbuckers.

Quote by ortrigger
This one for the bridge and this one for the neck. It'll be about as versatile as they come but you are going to have to cough up the cash. You can't expect better sound out of cheap stuff.

EDIT:

Never said there was anything wrong with it I was just saying that in most of these threads people always say get a new guitar if its a cheaper model. I read the OP but im going between that and practicing my guitar lesson for the week.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
GIOs are good guitars after some mods. I have a GAX-75, and it plays great. I upgraded the pickups with GFS Retrotron Liverpools by Guitarfetish. Now it sounds awesome, I don't care if it's a starter guitar. The Liverpools give a kind of filtertron/Gretsch tone, and I got them coil-split, and they sound cool as single coils too.

I think you should get some pickups from guitarfetish, they're good quality at low prices. I have the Vintage 59 and Dream 180 in another guitar, and I like them. The Fat PATs, Crunchy PATs, and their P90 pickups get good reviews.

And Tonerider pickups are nice pickups too.