im thinking about getting a 6 string bass..
im not sure what to get or what price ranges are for a decent one
Well schecter makes a range of basses in the above decent to amazing range and they are something like $500-$800 they're called the Stilletto series. I have the studio 5 and have played the six and they are exceptional instruments.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Yea I'm on the schecter bandwagon as well

Amazing basses
I have the Stilleto Custom, amazinnnnnnnnngly nice.
The Schecter Custom 6 is a great bass for the price, it plays well and is a lot lighter then other 6's I've played. IMO, Ibanez Soundgear aren't the greatest basses, they really don't feel right, especially compared to the Schecter, and they're actually more expensive.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Those are good suggestions, also consider the Yamaha 6-strings, they're pretty damn awesome.
Quote by cjlane
Those are good suggestions, also consider the Yamaha 6-strings, they're pretty damn awesome.

Yep, the RBXJM2 is an amazing bass, although I don't they make them anymore. The TRB1006 is supposed to be a pretty solid bass as well.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Agreed, peavey makes some good ones.
Do you have a budget, or are you going to save up for it?
Nope, no sig here.
Peavey has the Grind 6, which is cheap and supposedly good for the price. I have yet to one out though, as I haven't found a single shop in Sweden which carries their basses.
Other than that, Ibanez, as previously stated. The SR506 is a nice one, I am trying to get a hold of one myself.
The first and second generations of John Myung signatures, The RBX6JM and RBX6JM2 are supposed to be real good, and they aren't much used, probably less than the Grind if you find a good deal.
Schecter has also been stated.

Good luck, I hope you come across a nice beast.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Is there a new 6-string rbx by yamaha or not?
don't like the trb etc.

If I were you... I would just go to the store and try some TS!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I acquired a Yamaha RBXJM (The dual humbucker one, not the MM one), and I must say, it's the best six string I've played, especially for the price. You could try finding one on eBay...
My friend has the rogue six string and we both like it. It's cheap too if price is an issue.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by ele1122
I acquired a Yamaha RBXJM (The dual humbucker one, not the MM one), and I must say, it's the best six string I've played, especially for the price. You could try finding one on eBay...

I wanted that one . But I'm happy with my JM2.

It's cool.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
The only 6-string i ever played was a yamaha john myung sig i think, Double humbucker, a green, turquoise colour. It was suprisiingly nice apart from the price tag even second hand. 800.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Join the Schecter fans. Just picked one up. Honeymoon's over, and I LOVE it.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Join the Schecter fans. Just picked one up. Honeymoon's over, and I LOVE it.

had one for a few months, and even though it sounds great, it isn't quite me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
We lost the humanity...

I personally like my schecter but the peavey grind 6 's are also very nice, at least, they get the job done.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you