Well, a lot of things sound alike. Marshall MGs sound good Line 6s do, even a Twin Reverb sounds like a Frontman. I've been playing for little over a year, how can I hone my ear for tone.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
You can own a crappy amp and play that amp ONLY. For a few months, then play on a good amp and notice the difference.
Gear:
Epiphone Vintage G-400
Agile AL-2000
Amp:
Peavey Valveking 112
Pedals:
Digitech RP50
Morley Bad Horsie
Deltalab TD-1 Tube Driver
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
I can tell the difference between my brothers Squier and my Fender, and my Deluxe and my bass amp, but not things I don't own.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
I can tell the difference between my brothers Squier and my Fender, and my Deluxe and my bass amp, but not things I don't own.

then you'll have to buy everthing.
How does imitating my favorite artist effect tone? Btw, I was playing a Gibson Sg Classic.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Post?Organic
Stick a broccoli in it.

Don't ask the pit for advice. It's pointless.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by lespaul#1
How does imitating my favorite artist effect tone? Btw, I was playing a Gibson Sg Classic.

do you sound like them? try to, just to "hone" your ear. if you don't sound like them, you're doin it wrong