This is just an example of what I mean because I dunno how to explain it. Mind you this is really fast.

|---------------------------------|
|---------------------------------|
|---------7-6-4-------------------|
|----------------7-5-4-------------|
|-----------------------7-5-4-------|
|------------------------------7-5-3-|

I've been practicing, but I dunno if there's anything specific I don't know about...I play it (fingerwise) pinky-ring-index and the last three pinky-middle-index. Anything I'm doing wrong?
The same way to get to Carnegie Hall.

(practice, practice, practice.)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Is that from Welcome to bucketheadland? I think ive been casually practicing that riff for a aslong as ive been playing, and im still not upto the speed he does it.

When me and my mate play the song, i either just pretend to play it (i laugh everytime) or he just puts a drum fill in instead.
Quote by steeLmonkeyz
Is that from Welcome to bucketheadland? I think ive been casually practicing that riff for a aslong as ive been playing, and im still not upto the speed he does it.

Why yes it is lol.
Wow I made an exact topic on this thing, lol weird. Yeah dude I believe It's pull offs..its incredibly fast
When you use legato its 100 times easier, look at the sticky
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by guitar99099
When you use legato its 100 times easier, look at the sticky

Fail.

If your technique is good then the choice between legato and picking should be one of tone and nothing more.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.