I love my guitar, but the one thing that annoys me about it is the floating bridge. Alot of the songs i know how to play and would like to learn are in different tunings. I constantly have to keep tuning to Standard from Drop C and Drop D.

If i get a tremel-no and install it would i be able to tune my guitar constantly without even touching the springs and balancing the bridge out?

If i want to change the strings would i have to just take out the old strings and put on the new ones without balancing the bridge out and touching the springs?

I saw an installation video on how to install it and if i saw that that you can make the ground wire go around the tremel-no without even soldering it, will it still have the same type of sound as if it was soldered?

I have an Ibanez RGT42DX and im a bit worried if i buy the tremel-no and the screw drivers wont fit into the holes. If u want i can post some pics up and show the size of the back of the guitar where the springs are and eerything.

Thanks.
Yes, you can downtune without retuning the entire thing. Also you can change string much easier. You still should balance the bridge however, if you want to fully use the tremolo. If you want to go 'dive only' you don't need to be as precise. I love mine, the fact I can go to drop d in a couple seconds is great.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
Yes, you can downtune without retuning the entire thing. Also you can change string much easier. You still should balance the bridge however, if you want to fully use the tremolo. If you want to go 'dive only' you don't need to be as precise. I love mine, the fact I can go to drop d in a couple seconds is great.

Can i go from C to standard and Standard to C by just turning the tuning pegs?
Quote by Insicion
Can i go from C to standard and Standard to C by just turning the tuning pegs?

it takes several tunings, but it does work
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
You can tune back and forth from C no problem. Your strings will hate you though.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
I use one on my ESP Custom Shop, and love it. Handles whatever I throw at it.
Blast beats and Crushing Guitars

Huh, I was just about to post on this topic because I have a new Ibanez S-series Prestige I'm looking to buy one for but I wasn't sure if they really worked how I'm hoping they will. I love the guitar, the look, feel, etc, but I just can't stand floating bridges. I guess I'm gonna have to order one and check it out.