so, i'm starting a band to play electric violin in (i already play guitar in one but want to play violin in another) and we're gonna play jazz/rock fusion... so i already have a bassist, and drummer and i am playing electric violin so the only other instrument i wanted to have was a saxophone but everyone i know who plays one either sucks or doesn't have enough time so what other interesting instruments (that 15/16 year olds would know how to play) would you guys use? i thought about flute and that'd be cool but i don't think the band would have enough low end. what are your thoughts?

EDIT: i'd like to stay away from guitar and keyboard too... just to make it challenging/interesting and it's a nice gimmick
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
theres four different kinds of sax, and you only know 2 players?
Id recomend Trumpet/FLugalhorn, or possibly something like bass clarinet and trombone, or if worse comes to worse an extra guitarist.
I feel like flute is nice, but if your not going for a mellow sound youd probobly want something beefier sounding (and lots of sax players double on flute anyway).
Euphonium!
Trombone!
Sousaphone/Tuba!
Baritone!
You know the general lowbrass ass-kicking instruments (especcially Euphonium).

Keyboards, synths can get a lot of sounds.
If your school has a music program I can guarantee that there are some decent/good sax players. They'll probably be a band geek but if they can play who cares.