ok guys, i searched and found nothing..here's what i gott say.
As i'm sure most of you know, Buckcherry is a popular rock-alt band..I AM NOT A FAN OF THEM! the dead kennedy's are a hardcore-punk band, and also. I AM NOT A FAN OF THEM! i'm not taking any sides here, but the dead kennedy's had a single, "Too Drunk Too ****," and also buckcherry has a single called, "Too Drunk." in the song.
In the song they have a line saying, "i'm too drunk to **** you," I'm sure they couldn't reproduce this song without having consent from the dead kennedy's..Too Drunk to **** was one of the DK's singles and this song by buckcherry is as well..anyone have any info bout this? thanks i'm just curious
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
if there's only one similar line and the melody and whatnot are different then yeah they can. You can't really copyright single phrases.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Buckcherry's entire band existence is based around bring drunk and fucking. It's perfectly believable that they could put both into one song without ripping off another band.

Oh, and for the record, Buckcherry is god-awful.
It's just a lyric? No big deal. Could've been an intentional reference which is more showing respect than stealing.

Also, this:

Quote by Psychopathology
Buckcherry suck and Dead Kennedys are awesome. The end.
Don't ever respect conventional thought without reason.
Quote by Psychopathology
Buckcherry suck and Dead Kennedys are awesome. The end.

that basically sums it all up
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
i used to like the dead kennedy's when i was like 13..but things change
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
Quote by willingwellIV
i used to like the dead kennedy's when i was like 13..but things change

Haha, me too man.

Police Truck on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater!