I know you guys will probably just give me a bunch of sh*tty ideas , but what the hell, I"m going to give a go.

I'm celebrating New Years with my band and some friends of ours, and I'll definitely be doing some drinking. How should I go about telling my parents my plans for the night? Do I leave it at "I'm hanging out with some friends and I won't be back until (insert time here)" or do I just go ahead and tell them I'm doing some drinking because it's f*cking New Years?

Some additional info-They know I have done some drinkin and pot smokin in the past but were fairly chill about it, other than telling me not to do it.
Tell them. /Thread.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Just tell em that you're going to chill with some friends for New Years. Let their imaginations wonder.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Just tell them you're going to hang out with friends. That can mean anything from watching a movie to having drunken, wild sex. Just leave it simple and let them use their imaginations.
yeah tell them

let me just tell you in advance. its new years and you're with your friends. you will get drunk out of your mind, so go ahead and prepare your parents for it
When I saw this thread the words "Good luck." ran through my mind.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by PCbassist
and hopefully it means everything from watching a movie to having drunken wild sex...

Hell yes, sir. Hell yes. If it didn't, it wouldn't be New Year's.
tell them where you are going and a general description of what you're gonna be doing. dont mention drinking. If they ask if you're gonna be drinking say "no". Easy as pie.
Tell them you're going to hang out with friends for New Years and there might be some drinking. That's what I do because then they'll be prepared for a call about a ride...
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and hurt you

never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie or hurt you!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Tell them. /Thread.

i applaud your speed and humorous comment dirtymakik

2nd best /thread of all time IMO
after the ugly guitar thread with the upside down V

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Well since you come from the pit.

Tell them you're going out to go get smashed, completely high, and then go have sex with a beautiful woman.

The beautiful woman part will throw them off and think your lying about everything.
Famous last words are for men who never said enough. - Anonymous
Gear
Agile 3000 Rootbeer slim
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Takamine GS430S Acoustic
Quote by happytimeharry
Hell yes, sir. Hell yes. If it didn't, it wouldn't be New Year's.

Just tell them your going to watch a movie and have drunken wild sex!

/thread
Quote by Holy.
When I saw this thread the words "Good luck." ran through my mind.

Same here
I was supposed to go see Russian Circles and Clutch but a couple friends couldn't go because it's 17+ (not 16 or 18, but 17). They were cool with that and they wouldn't be able to control what I was doing 3 hours away, so I have a feeling this could work out. I'll consider the serious ideas.

Like inviting them.
tell them but also hand the your car keys so that they know you're taking responsibility and preparing for your actions so that you don't get injured
Tell them that it's new years and you want them to have some time together, so you're gonna go stay at a friends. yay
I think my plan of action will be to tell them I'm hanging out with friends and where we're going to be, then if they ask about alcohol I will tell them there is a possibility. I kinda like amason's key idea, because I could easily get a ride there and a ride back home in the morning.
Quote by Callo
i applaud your speed and humorous comment dirtymakik

2nd best /thread of all time IMO
after the ugly guitar thread with the upside down V

sarcasm?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Rickjames730
Well since you come from the pit.

Tell them you're going out to go get smashed, completely high, and then go have sex with a beautiful woman.

The beautiful woman part will throw them off and think your lying about everything.

this actually makes sense

i applaud you sir
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by KeepOnRotting
OP: "I'm asking the pit for advice.." = Helen Keller: "I'm going driving."

AHAHAHA so dam true!

Just mention vaguely what you're doing. Haha
well I already had an idea of what to do but I just thought get some creative input from you guys lol