So my brother just recently took the POD Xt Live I had (wasn't technically mine) so now I am looking for something to fill the void in my sound. The POD was a great help with different effects, but I have decided to go the way everyone else goes; individual pedals. I mostly play metal; things like Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. Can anyone recommend some pedals that will help me experience that kind of tone? I would also like to be recommended to a good wah pedal that would go great with that.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Yes, it is obvious another amplifier. Thank you for being captain obvious. Can you make wah sounds with an amp? No. Can you make a more decent metal sound with just an amp? No. I'm asking for pedals, not obvious advice that I need a new amp. That has been established many, many threads ago.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I mostly just want a good wah pedal that gets really deep and throaty at the heel, and then gets really whiny at the toe. I also want a good metal pedal to give me that added punch. Any other effects that are found useful by people would work too.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Spend some time at youtube and see what you like.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Disturbed137
No. Can you make a more decent metal sound with just an amp?

Yes, i bought a new tube amp and it sounds 10x better than my old SS amp. All i did was buy an OD pedal( dont even need to really) and a wah and i was set
Well, I'm not sure of the tone you are getting. I want that over the top metal sound. I know I'll probably get a lot of flame from wanting so much metal sound, but I don't care.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by deerhake44
Yes, i bought a new tube amp and it sounds 10x better than my old SS amp. All i did was buy an OD pedal( dont even need to really) and a wah and i was set

I was going to quote the EXACT same thing and say Yes.

+1
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
OK, fine. Tone is NOT all about the pedals. But come on guys, you can't be versatile with JUST an amp. Give me some ideas of pedals that you find helpful/interesting to you.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Are you looking for other specific effects? like delay or chorous? If your just trying to get different types of distortion a decent amp with a OD or distortion pedals should do great. Theres some decent practice tube amps $400-600. Either way i'd get a wah pedal. I like both Crybaby and Vox. check out some youtube videos to decide on tone
Highspeed, unfortunately, is not blessing me with it's presence. Thanks for the tip about checking out YouTube. I will probably get a chance when I go to my bandmate's house later this week. I'm not looking for anything too specific other than a distortion pedal and a wah pedal. But like I said in an earlier post, I'd like to know any effects that interest/are helpful to you. This will give me a starting point. There are tons of effect pedals, but there are also many different other kinds of pedals such as channel selectors and such. I was spoiled with the POD, so I am not exactly up to par with making and organizing pedals. I have a guitar mag that gives me a simple idea of how to set things up, but I just want to know any pedals that you find you can't live without.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Metal Core/Muff for a distortion pedal... some form of Crybaby, maybe the Zakk Wylde, or even a Weeping Demon for Wah.