I recorded myself playing not too long ago and I noticed that whenever my pinky finger is not held down on a fret, it is basically stretched away from my other fingers. It's pretty much where my pinky goes naturally when I'm not playing a note with it. It hasn't caused me any problems, but I'm worried that having my pinky so far away from the others will cause problems in the future. Will this cause problems? If so, any ways I could prevent it?
tahts whre my pinky goes, I'm pretty sure its fine.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
by practicing independent finger strengthening exercises you can train your pinky to stay lower. The key is to practice slow and focus on what you are doing.

I don't believe it will cause problems, but you will probably be able to play faster if it were fixed.
LTD EC-500 - 18v mod
Roland Cube 30
DigiTech RP-7 Valve Guitar Preamp/Multi-Effects Processor
Where your pinky goes when you're not using it isn't really an issue...just worry about what it's doing when you want it to do something.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i dont know where yours usually is, but mine is below the first string most of the time. Its the hardest finger to EVER co-operate with
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
When I'm playing some three-finger sections on my top (high) E-string, it can often go behind the fretboard, but I've gotten used to it.

When you're drinking, do you hold the cup/glass with three fingers, thumb and you little finger is all out doing some kind of mexican wave? Mine does. lol

But yeah, it's nothing to be worried about, just so long as you can make it hit the frets when you need it to.

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
I think I have retarded pinky syndrome also, but I find that it stays pretty close when I am going to use it soon so I don't worry about it much. I don't think that you can really fix it either since tons of professional guitar players seem to have it too, and I would think they would have fixed it if it was possible to.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad