Like a truck backing up.

It's intermittent, and very frustrating.

Anyone ever had this problem?
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Sounds more like it is coming from a cable that is not grounding well or is just outright crappy. Test the cables. Could be your guitar pickup going microphonic and picking something up. guitar pickups and amps also almost always pick up incoming cell phone signals as well.
Quote by CJRocker
Sounds more like it is coming from a cable that is not grounding well or is just outright crappy. Test the cables. Could be your guitar pickup going microphonic and picking something up. guitar pickups and amps also almost always pick up incoming cell phone signals as well.

No cell phones within 10 feet. When I turn my wah off, it goes away. When I remove my wah from my pedal board, it goes away. When I put it back, and turn it on, it comes back. I tried different cables, but it was still there.

I got frustrated and turned my whole rig off for a while, and when I came back to it, the sound was gone. This has happened twice in the last week.
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Last edited by strat2finish at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by Gates67
you have input and output cables backwards

So I should take the plug from my guitar out of the side that says "Instrument", and plug it into the said that says "Amplifier"?

C'mon man.

If that was a serious attempt at helping, I appreciate it. But I'm new to the site, not the guitar.
You probably have the cables backwards. The cable from the guitar goes into the right side of the wah, and the cable from the amp goes into the left side.

Edit: This is assuming that you have a Dunlop Crybaby Wah. What kind of wah do you have?
Last edited by TatarSalad2 at Dec 31, 2008,
my wah did the exact same thing when I had them reversed
idk of anything else, sorry
No prob Gates, I wasn't sure if you were being a smartass or not. Thanks for the input!
Quote by TatarSalad2
You probably have the cables backwards. The cable from the guitar goes into the right side of the wah, and the cable from the amp goes into the left side.

Edit: This is assuming that you have a Dunlop Crybaby Wah. What kind of wah do you have?

You assume correctly. But, I'm quite sure it is plugged in correctly.