...I'm not sure how to spend it. I reciently snagged the old EQ from my dad's record player, (ten band, two channel, old as hell, totally ****ing awesome.) So I'm not sure what to get, I know I need a tuner, I was looking at a crunch box for a while, but I'm not sure how it'll work with my EVJ's natural distortion. I dont really think I need a lot of effects. The only thing I am interested in as far as sound modulation effects (idk the actual phrase to use...but like wah, flanger, ect.) is a pedal for harmonizing? Like if I play a part it'll copy it a 5th up or w/e, or an octave down would be awesome.

BTW, current rig:

Epi LP Jr./Epi LP St. ---->EQ--->EVJ Head--->Crate Cab (sadface)

Thanks for any help guys.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Dec 31, 2008,
Electroharmonix Pog for those octaves and fifths,

Wah is actually toneshaping, as the pedal moves the trimpot to adjust the frequency range of your tone. When you movie it up and down it "sweeps" the frequency so as to get more treble or bass or whatever and when you do it fast creates that WAH sound.

Modulation? well you can choose from a few there, the most common types are Chorus, Phase-shifting (Phasers), Flangers, and Delay.

Think of Chorus like the effect on the song Message in a Bottle. Phasing? think atomic punk off van halen one. Flanging? think Unchained . Delay is usually identified by most as Echo.

But if you want to do harmonies, you could always get that new Digitech HarmonyMan. Or just go with an Electroharmonix POG
^Good post. I don't have anything to add.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
...Is there a cheaper alternative to the Electroharmonix?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by Highwaytohell
Electroharmonix Pog for those octaves and fifths,

Wah is actually toneshaping, as the pedal moves the trimpot to adjust the frequency range of your tone. When you movie it up and down it "sweeps" the frequency so as to get more treble or bass or whatever and when you do it fast creates that WAH sound.

Modulation? well you can choose from a few there, the most common types are Chorus, Phase-shifting (Phasers), Flangers, and Delay.

Think of Chorus like the effect on the song Message in a Bottle. Phasing? think atomic punk off van halen one. Flanging? think Unchained . Delay is usually identified by most as Echo.

But if you want to do harmonies, you could always get that new Digitech HarmonyMan. Or just go with an Electroharmonix POG

+1!

If you want harmonizing, the Digitech Whammy also does some harmony stuff, though it's not as high-tech as the HarmonyMan, which can tell what chords you're playing, and analyze all that stuff.