rev jr. ibanez ts808 od, emg's. any good tones. i like arch enemy's tone from the short while they used em. i got a good tone now but i expected better. any suggestions
Yea pick up your guitar and play with your stuff till you get a sound you like. I can't believe this is a serious question.
You're asking how to get a good metal tone out of a high gain tube set up with a guitar that has active pickups?

But seriously,experiment with your settings and EQ until you find a tone that's to your liking,that's the key.I personally have never played an amp that I could just plug into and instantly find godly tone without taking the time to sit down and experiment with what it's capable of.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You're asking how to get a good metal tone out of a high gain tube set up with a guitar that has active pickups?

But seriously,experiment with your settings and EQ until you find a tone that's to your liking,that's the key.I personally have never played an amp that I could just plug into and instantly find godly tone without taking the time to sit down and experiment with what it's capable of.

Hate to troll, but...

^this^
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

joke thread right?
you just wanted to brag about your rev jr. right?
ya so i got a fender twin reverb an a vintage strat and a ts808 anyone noe any gud srv tones kthx.
i would help. BUT...

1 i have no idea.
2. II HHAATTTEEE TTEEXXTT SPPEEAAKKK!!!!

burn him.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Just plugging that guitar in and turning on the gain channel will make a metal tone right there really...