Hey guys, I got about $110 to spend and I was wondering if the MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal would go good with a Line 6 Spidervalve 112. Do you think this would give me more of a Zakk Wylde/Heavy Metal tone?

My current set up is

Guitars:
Epiphone SG/ Korina Flying V

Amp:
Line 6 Spidervalve 112

Pedals:
Wylde wah pedal

Thanks.
If you truly want to spice up the spider valve I would recommend a good tube overdrive pedal such as the blackstar or a radial classic or something along those lines.
An overdrive pedal works best with true tube amps not modellers. So it would be a waste of money. That said you should be able to find some settings off the line 6 forum for a good Zakk tone. Also a side note, your gonna have to crank the hell out of that amp to pull off his tone. He has a ton of saturation in his tone..
Listen to IP, he knows his sh!t.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
Listen to IP, he knows his sh!t.

+1 to that.

besides that fact.

he's right, that spider should be able to do his tone pretty decently on it's own. they were designed to be used as stand alone amps, no effects needed.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if the spider valve has the same line 6 models that I've seen everywhere else, you should have no problem.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!