Alright, I have a strat, and I love it. The smaller fretwire is are easier for my hands to bend on, the neck feels incredible, and my hand glides over the maple board(to everyone saying their sticky; suck it). I've been listening to a lot of Bruce Springsteen, tele-era Page, the stuff in The Beatles George recorded on Rosie and Andy Summers(Police) lately, and I'm loving the bite they can get from the tele's bridge pickup while being able to be as mellow as it is on the neck pickup.

To get to the point, I'm considering a tele for my next guitar. Would it be much different from my strat, or should I look for something else, or, since I have my PRS copy for my humbucker tones, would getting another SC guitar not be a problem?

Also, forewarning to any Fender-haters, Tele-haters or Strat-haters reading this, I like all three things, and your entitled to your opinion, but so am I, and if your just going to tell me about how you think me getting a Fender makes me retarded, go to hell. Not as irritable with recommendations for other guitars, but just keep in mind I have a tele in mind, and I know what I intend to get it if I don't get a tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 31, 2008,
If you really like your Strat, a Tele could be a good idea. They're somewhat similar guitars. What Tele were you looking at in particular?
yay fenders

i play a tele as my main guitar and i think im going to be getting a strat next

i have played both and i think they are both great, if you like the feel of the strat you will like the feel of the tele, they are quite similar

good luck
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Tele's are much like strats, but with a little more twang. Have you considered a tele or strat with humbuckers? I feel that fenders with humbuckers usually have a tone in between a single coiled strat or tele and a les paul. The deluxe tele's are dreamy.
joshuaestock.com
go for it. teles are really nice and personally i think they have better tone then strats. the lipstick tube pickup[if thats the model youre getting] makes the low have low output so you get more out of your bridge HB, but it also makes the sound crisp. cleans are wicked nice, and teles sound really nice on slide. the teles sound is focused on the highs and cleans it can make

however, theyre not built for heavy distortion and dont sound as good on it then the strats, but can get a pretty good tone out of crunch.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by JEST87
Tele's are much like strats, but with a little more twang. Have you considered a tele or strat with humbuckers? I feel that fenders with humbuckers usually have a tone in between a single coiled strat or tele and a les paul. The deluxe tele's are dreamy.

i always thought strats had alittle more twang

2002? damn
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by qstionauthority
meh, not so much different. a little brighter i guess.
you might want to look into the jaguar

Eh, I tried one of the reissues, the neck didn't agree with me. I liked the pickups, but I killed one of my strat copies by experimenting with replacing the neck, so I wouldn't be replacing it's stock neck, and if I don't like a guitars feel I won't buy it. I can replace the pickups later in most cases, but the feel is often stuck.

Quote by GNRjungle87
If you really like your Strat, a Tele could be a good idea. They're somewhat similar guitars. What Tele were you looking at in particular?

MIM Standard. Cheap, I know, but I'm poor. Used actually, stacked SD in the neck, Hot Rails in the bridge. Series/parallel switch for the neck pickup in the volume knob, and I believe that the same is set up for the tone knob with the bridge pickup, only he's also added a toggle between the knobs to tap the bridge pickup. If I can't grab that, then a new MIM Sunburst.

Quote by JEST87

I tried a tele deluxe when I was shopping for what ended up being my strat actually. The bridge pickup was decent, but I didn't like either other position, and I want something I like all the tones of, not just one, as, being in a bad financial spot, I need the most from each axe.

Quote by koalabacon
go for it. teles are really nice and personally i think they have better tone then strats. the lipstick tube pickup[if thats the model youre getting] makes the low have low output so you get more out of your bridge HB, but it also makes the sound crisp. cleans are wicked nice, and teles sound really nice on slide. the teles sound is focused on the highs and cleans it can make

however, theyre not built for heavy distortion and dont sound as good on it then the strats, but can get a pretty good tone out of crunch.

Hmm...hows the middle position with both on sound?

Not a problem, I have my PRS copy for that, so no worries.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Haha, MIM Teles aren't bad by any means, though. Especially if you play it through a good amp, such as your Blues Junior!

Fender guitar + Fender amp = AMAZING TONE!
I ****ing love my Tele, go for it.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by necrosis1193
Eh, I tried one of the reissues, the neck didn't agree with me. I liked the pickups, but I killed one of my strat copies by experimenting with replacing the neck, so I wouldn't be replacing it's stock neck, and if I don't like a guitars feel I won't buy it. I can replace the pickups later in most cases, but the feel is often stuck.

agreed, it wasn't my favorite neck. but the sound was godly.
What's with all the vs threads without polls? I'm saving for a fender tele so I can replace my squier strat. Not a big fan of the sound, and the look's not really me. I also hear teles are easier to palm-mute.