Hey UG. Sometimes when i'm playing guitar, i'll get really hot and sweaty and my body warmth will transfer over to the body of the guitar, so there will be a warm spot on the body. Will this damage the guitar in any way (i.e. warped wood)?
A gradual change in temperature won't hurt the guitar at all. If you keep it in a freezer and take it out to where you play when the room's heated to 90 degrees, then yeah that could hurt it. So a small gradual change in temperature is okay, a sudden and drastic change in temperature is not okay, also you shouldn't handle your guitar 'till it's reached room temperature, not doing so could lead to warping of the neck over a certain period of time.
Quote by david_highland
A gradual change in temperature won't hurt the guitar at all. If you keep it in a freezer and take it out to where you play when the room's heated to 90 degrees, then yeah that could hurt it. So a small gradual change in temperature is okay, a sudden and drastic change in temperature is not okay, also you shouldn't handle your guitar 'till it's reached room temperature, not doing so could lead to warping of the neck over a certain period of time.

That was the exact answer i was looking for, thanks heaps! +20 for you