i was thinking of buying guitar pro but then i remembered pro tools and was thinking that would be better till i saw the price! is it that much better?
those aren't even the same type of program..

guitar pro uses MIDI tracks and instruments to help you write/learn songs through tabs.

pro tools is a professional recording program
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
those aren't even the same type of program..

guitar pro uses MIDI tracks and instruments to help you write/learn songs through tabs.

pro tools is a professional recording program

I think he means generally speaking which one should he go for because they're generally both of use to him.

At least I hope so.
Quote by Gummy132
I think he means generally speaking which one should he go for because they're generally both of use to him.

At least I hope so.

As do I my son.

His heart is in the right place.... his brain is not.

now repeat that back to yourself, and talk like Shawn Connery while you do it..
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
ah very good! You pass, it was a test!

Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by southpaw_tdg
i was thinking of buying guitar pro but then i remembered pro tools and was thinking that would be better till i saw the price! is it that much better?

I dunno, is a Lorry better than a Bike?

If you haven't a clue about this, I'd advise against spending $200
Quote by southpaw_tdg

I LOL'd at this.

EDIT: sorry.
Last edited by YA89 at Dec 31, 2008,
Dont even get GuitarPro. Get Tuxguitar, its free and can open all tab files (gp, powertab etc)
Pretty much the same as guitarpro except without the RSE, which is really unnecessary.
Quote by littlephil
Dont even get GuitarPro. Get Tuxguitar, its free and can open all tab files (gp, powertab etc)
Pretty much the same as guitarpro except without the RSE, which is really unnecessary.

+1
And it's easier too. I hate that welcoming sound that GP gives at start.
You can turn that welcoming sound and splash at the start off

But yeah, if youre looking for something that reads midi tabs you want guitar pro, not pro tools.

Or tuxguitar