Page 1 of 2
hi does anyone know how to turn on the rse thing?the rse box remains grey and unclickable.i have the stock onboard sound card do i need to whack a soundblaster or something like that in it?
patch up? I dk, but don't bother.. TRUST ME.. they are sOOOOOOO horrible sounding. plain midi is better
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Midi > Rse
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

midi sounds like a gunshot in your ear.
rse atleast sounds decent.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
5.2 actually has pretty good RSE, if you bother looking for the right sounds...
Are you using a demo, or a uncomplete torrent version???
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

You have to buy it, demo version doesn't have RSE. And no, it doesn't sound horrible. Just check all RSE sounds (there are like 100 different guitar sounds) and choose the one you like more.
check the directory that has your GP files in it
if the RSE files aren't there, then you can't use it in GP
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Quote by captain pervey
yeh wont even open

Buy GP
Quote by soulflyV
I love the smell of *reported* in the morning.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I've always hated people using (Y), it just looks like an arse.
Quote by captain pervey
yeh i just downloaded it off a torrent site.the string bends sound horrible

then you'll have to do it again, with one were it clearly says that rse is included..., or install rse if you haven't done it with the torrent you have (put it in the gp folder)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

oh my lord...just go to the Program Files folder or Applications folder and find Guitar Pro, and stick the RSE stuff in there
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
If youre downloading guitar pro and want RSE, look for a file thats more than 100mb.

If its the 15mb one it wont have it, thats just the demo.
Quote by reaper_x
midi sounds like a gunshot in your ear.
rse atleast sounds decent.

I lolled a little at this. MIDI is a lot more diverse than you think, and can often sound close to the real thing.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
the RSE is pretty awesome in guitar pro. this a program was made to help you learn songs and what not. not to be used to be compared to mp3 quality. as for the midi. it's decent but the RSE does a wayy better job.
Quote by wannabe_punk
oh my lord...just go to the Program Files folder or Applications folder and find Guitar Pro, and stick the RSE stuff in there

it has an rse folder already and they are full
ok thanks guys i got it working.i deleted my old rse folder then downloaded a new one.
yep i agree the rse does sound pretty good
cheers!
i think you have to get the RSE sound pack separately.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The Metallica Legend Tones (Kirk Dist, Kirk Clean, James Clean, James Rhythm), when set up on some of Metallica's tabs, it'd be pretty hard to tell the difference. You've gotta use the RSE which suits the style of the song. It will take lots of time to figure out which one sounds right, but when you find it, it has a MUCH greater versatility over plain MIDI.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Do you have the pirated version? If so then thats why...
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
the rse drums in 5.2 are horrible, for the record. the rse in 5 and 5.1 are overall better.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Edited b4 ban

"Please help me to get the program I stole to work kthx".

Go and drink paint please.
Last edited by Kikuta at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by Kikuta
Edited b4 ban

Downloading isn't theft.
Quote by StiltonCheese
Downloading isn't theft.

It is if you didn't pay for something you would have otherwise had to.
Quote by michal23
It is if you didn't pay for something you would have otherwise had to.

No, it's not.

Theft = requires dishonest appropriation of property with an intention to permanently deprive the other of that property.

You haven't done that. You haven't dishonestly appropriated property. You've merely made an unlawful copy. You also haven't intended to permanently deprive the other of the property, because they still have full use of that property, and you still intend them to have full use of that property.

When you steal someone's coat, for example. That coat is removed from them. Their possessory rights have been usurped by the theif. That's not the case with downloading. The 'property' (if it can even be classed as property, legally) still remains in the possession of the person from whom it's copied. Therefore, possesory rights haven't been infringed, there has been no theft.

Further, when you download something illegally, you're usually downloading it from someone who's willingly sharing it. So they can't sue you for theft. The person who created the software cannot sue you for theft because you haven't taking it from them.

Ever wonder why no one's ever prosecuted under the Theft Act for downloading stuff? That's right, it's not theft. Infact, it's not even a criminal offence.

There's so much mis-information on the subject out there on the net that people will believe anything.

It's copyright infringement. It's not theft. It's a civil offence, it's not a crime.
Quote by Kikuta
Edited b4 ban

what if he has the free trial?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by bulletrocks522
I use midi for guitars and RSE for drums/bass.

+1
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by poipoi
5.2 actually has pretty good RSE, if you bother looking for the right sounds...
Are you using a demo, or a uncomplete torrent version???

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Nope, RSE still sounds likearse and goes out of time. The human playing sounds sloppy and the non human playing is just robotic and horrible sounding. Midi does fine for the job it's intended for. You don't need it to sound perfect for learning, it's not a playlist.

Midi gives you the notes and pitches you need. If you can't work it out from THAT, then you have no hope.
i'm a bit shocked that pirated software is openly discussed here, with people giving advice like "re-download it" and "look for the 100mb torrent instead of the 15mb"

if you're not have the decency to buy the software you use at least take it up in PM

of course i'm no saint myself but i don't encourage others to piracy
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Page 1 of 2