I cannot tremolo pick to save my life, despite having been playing for 8 months now

I can alternate pick over a few strings, and on one string, and I'm playing from my wrist, not my arm, but whenever I try to build up any kind of speed i just fail badly, even when I start slow and build up.

I'm especially bad on the E and A strings.

How can I practise my technique and build up speed?
check out in the UG's lesson section for speed building, the lesson is about playing a scale and get faster by time but remember accuarcy is needed.
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Strum over two strings; that's how I started. Play a sort of power chord, only on the bass string and next string (2-4, 3-5, 5-7 or 7-9 are the easiest) and just strum it up and down and just get faster. If that's not working, skip to your high-E, pick a fairly high note/fret and just keep practicing. The high-E seems to be the best to start with.

Also, if you're action's not bang-on with your guitar, it can make it more difficult to get any real sound out of Tremelloing. I'd suggest you get that sorted ASAP if it's a problem.

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I dont really understand string action, is it how hard it is to press the strings down on the guitar or what?

String action is how high the strings are off the fretboard.

For most people
High Action=Good tone, less playability
Low Action=Decent tone, plays like a dream
That is a way you can tell. Action is how far away from the fretboard the strings are throughout. They should be parallel to the fretboard, and sometimes, whether is at the tremello... Bar? or at the other end of the neck, the strings are too high or too low. If they're too high, you'll find it difficult to press the strings all the way down, and bending the strings will be a lot more difficult. If they're too low, then as you get higher on the frets, the string will start to catch against the other frets and you'll get a fuzzy sound. You're notes will also have a low sustain time. To fix it, you can either use an allen(sp?) key on your tremello and open them out a little to raise them up or down, or you can take your strings off and use a thin file or a knife of some kind to sort out the other end. (I don't actually know what that's called.) If you have a nutbar, I don't think you can have any problems on the neck.

If you're finding it a bit complicated, (I know I do) you should go to your local music store and just ask them to take a quick look and to help you out with it. They explained it to me, and I'm now trying to explain it to you, but failing. lol

If you can't get what I've said, then someone else on here can help you out, or you should go to your nearest instrument-related store and ask them. I've never been a good teacher, sorry. lol

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
You're not going to have mastered ANYTHING in just 8 months.

Play slower, be patient and stop being in such a rush. When people say "start slow and build up speed gradually" they mean over months and years, not minutes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Just keep practicing and you will get it eventually. I had trouble with this, too, but I just kept practicing and now I can do it pretty easily.
I've been working on it slowly and steadily for a little while now myself. Here's what I've found: I seem to get the best results if I start off however slowly I need to in order to keep a consistent rate. Then I speed up slowly. I downloaded the tab for "Miserlou" as a practice exercise.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack