i got a prs standard 22 copy for christmas and it's a maple neck-through with basswood body, flame maple top and rosewood fingerboard. is it normal that its bout 2x the weight of a agathis strat?

i'm only a slender 15 yr old so the weights staring to get to me. but its a beautiful guitar and plays great so that outweighs it i guess. (excuse the pun)
yeah, I think it's normal .. you should pick up a non-chambered Les Paul

play sit, and then start to build up muscle and resistance playing up

does it play well btw ?
Quote by texzephyr
i got a prs standard 22 copy for christmas and it's a maple neck-through with basswood body, flame maple top and rosewood fingerboard.

I read that bit and came. Just saying.
You'll get used to it. I am surprised a Basswood body would be that heavy Basswood is usually one of the lighter woods. Maybe the Maple neck thru is giving it weight?

My first guitar was a POS and light as a feather. When I got my first Gibson LP it was like "WTF is this made of lead?" It weighed 5 times what my crappy EKO weighed. I got used to it after a while now heavy guitars don't bother me at all.

John
From my experience of things, Strats are insanely light compared to other guitars that you'd assume to have a similar weight since they're a similar size/design. I'm guessing it's the wood used/amount of routing, but I've never really looked into it.