Preferably something that isn't ungodly expensive...It would have to be able to do down two octaves, one octave, and play around with 5ths and 3rds. I'm not sure if its doable, but if there are any quality ones around $100ish USD..The only ones I've found are the new DigiTech one, which is like $270, and the Electroharmonix one, which I believe is right around $200...Both more than I'm willing to spend

If anyone knows about something good in a lower price range please share.

Thanks
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

You mean the DigiTech Whammy? If its too expensive search on eBay. Because Tom Morello (RATM, Audioslave) and Matthew Bellamy (Muse) use it. (I also thought Radiohead did)

Listen to the solo`s of Audioslave - Like a Stone, Muse New Born Live and Sunburn. That`s the Whammy.
But Radiohead - My Iron Lung is an octaver.

I heard some good things about the Boss unit. Boss pedals are mostly good so I would so you could try that one.
Quote by MaXiMuse
You mean the DigiTech Whammy? If its too expensive search on eBay. Because Tom Morello (RATM, Audioslave) and Matthew Bellamy (Muse) use it. (I also thought Radiohead did)

Listen to the solo`s of Audioslave - Like a Stone, Muse New Born Live and Sunburn. That`s the Whammy.
But Radiohead - My Iron Lung is an octaver.

I heard some good things about the Boss unit. Boss pedals are mostly good so I would so you could try that one.

Not pitch shifting, harmonizing....wait, can the whammy do harmonizing?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Not pitch shifting, harmonizing....wait, can the whammy do harmonizing?

Yup!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Woah, my mind has been blown, I thought it was just shooting a pitch up several octaves....thank you my friend.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by eyebanez333
I know that people hate Behringer on here...but the pedals I've used weren't bad...especially for the price.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/US600.aspx

EDIT: link doesn't have price...but I've seen these on ebay for $60 USD brand new.

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. The Boss version is bad enough!

I've heard good things about that Digitech Harmonizer though, the Harmony Man or something like that. Edit: Sorry, just read the bottom of the first post. Can't help you there sorry.
I don't think the Digitech is what the TS is looking for...are you wanting something to play both the original note and a harmony (i.e. 3rd, 5th, etc)...if so, the whammy won't do this. The whammy will shift the original note up to the harmony, but you will no longer hear the original note.
Quote by eyebanez333
I don't think the Digitech is what the TS is looking for...are you wanting something to play both the original note and a harmony (i.e. 3rd, 5th, etc)...if so, the whammy won't do this. The whammy will shift the original note up to the harmony, but you will no longer hear the original note.

Yeah...harmonized, thats what I asked the guy who said whammy pedal....if theres no origional note its not harmonizing anything. I could just play notes up a 5th rather than drop $200 on a pedal....

Thanks man

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Yeah...harmonized, thats what I asked the guy who said whammy pedal....if theres no origional note its not harmonizing anything. I could just play notes up a 5th rather than drop $200 on a pedal....

Thanks man

Don't get me wrong...I love my Whammy...but I don't think this is what you are looking for.
Quote by eyebanez333

The Whammy pedal harmonizes. Meaning it plays the original note + the interval. It can do pitch shifting too. Meaning it changes the original note to whatever interval you set it to.
Quote by yoyodunno

This is pretty much the same as the Behringer...Behringer models a lot of their pedals off the Boss line. I've heard the Boss pedal and it sounds like what you're looking for...I haven't tried or heard the Behringer...but I'm sure its cheaper and does the exact same thing.
Okay....wtf....does it harmonize or no? we need a consensus

Quote by bogg808

What I've said in this thread put into point form :

- Yes the Digitech Whammy Harmonizes
- Stay away from the Behringer harmonizer. It is junk. It wont be able to track well.
- I personally don't like the Boss harmonizers because they have a really digital sound and they don't track very well
- Look into either the Digitech Whammy or the Digitech Harmony Man. They may be a bit out of your price range but it would be worth it.
I think the whammy will harmonize with like 5th's or octaves, but then it might not be in key. And even then, it probably doesn't track very well meaning if you play too fast it will screw up, and it is not an intelligent harmonizer. You want an intelligent harmonizer that stays in what key you want to play in.
It doesn't 'harmonize' like you are thinking of the word...keeping both notes at the same volume (like a dual guitar solo)...the 'harmony' feature bends the note between the original note and the selected note. So if you set it to a 3rd...you are going to bend from the original note to the 3rd...not sound both notes at the same time.

EDIT: search for the ProGuitarParts review on Youtube.
Quote by yoyodunno
I think the whammy will harmonize with like 5th's or octaves, but then it might not be in key. And even then, it probably doesn't track very well meaning if you play too fast it will screw up, and it is not an intelligent harmonizer. You want an intelligent harmonizer that stays in what key you want to play in.

The whammy doesn't track well at all...and is not going to sound the original note and harmony note equally nor at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6pSml-zXI
Quote by tombo32
Listen at around 4:15 >. It has both the original note and the harmony note playing. So what are you talking about when you say it doesn't harmonize?

Mine doesn't sound nearly that clear, especially when I'm not using a clean tone. When you have the pedal pushed all the way down, you can mainly hear the harmony note. The original note gets lost in the mix. If you're looking for the pedal steel kind of sound that the guy gets in the video then I guess the Whammy will work for you.