Hey guys. Sorry if there is another thread about this, but I am looking to buy a wah pedal. I have $150 to spend, so any recommendations around that price range are welcome. I've looked into the Morley Bad Horsie 2, as well as a Vox, but I'm open to other recommendations and opinions.

I play mostly metal and am looking to get that Disturbed and Bullet for My Valentine sound out of the Wah (especially the wah effect Dan Donegan gets in his solo in Torn). I know I won't be able to get the exact same sound and tone, but any wah pedal that would get me close to that would be awesome. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by fonsaceme21 at Dec 31, 2008,
What kinda tone are you looking for? I'd look into RMC, Budda and Fulltone wahs, but I think they're a bit over $150.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
zakk wylde wah
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Get a used Teese RMC. Look at their site for the one that fits your need. Then buy it used. these are great wahs, and MUCH better than the usual generic stuff.
Blast beats and Crushing Guitars

Depends on everyone. But first check the Ultimate-Wah thread. It`s a really good one.

You can buy the Vox, Zakk Wyllde, and maybe the 535Q, Morley also has some wah pedals.
But there are different opinions about every wah, the Crybaby is the extreme one.
A dozen say they hate it, the other dozen love it.

Just try it out in your guitar store.

(Btw, Vox is not so really good for distortion in my opinion)
Thanks for the opinions guys. Keep them coming.

(Btw, Vox is not so really good for distortion in my opinion)

Yea, thats what I've heard. So, I definitely need a wah that could handle heavy distortion.
You can afford a lot better than a Vox anyway.

Look into the RMC6 Wheels Of Fire wah, should do good with heavy distortion.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by rhcp_freak
You can afford a lot better than a Vox anyway.

Look into the RMC6 Wheels On Fire wah, should do good with heavy distortion.

Wheels of Fire is for vintage flavors. That is why it is named after a Cream album. The RMC Wizard is designed more for high gain. It is what I use for high gain situations.
Blast beats and Crushing Guitars

Quote by Brutal Grind
Wheels of Fire is for vintage flavors. That is why it is named after a Cream album. The RMC Wizard is designed more for high gain. It is what I use for high gain situations.

Sorries, it's been a while since I've wanted an RMC pedal, so I can't really remember which ones are which. >.<
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
All are great suggestions guys. I've been looking around and Dunlop's Crybaby from Hell seems pretty cool. Any opinions?
I'm going to buy a Crybaby 535Q after a few other pedals.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Get a Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah. I have one and it is great. I dropped 90 bucks on it, so you will have some more money left over if you get the one I got.