yesterday i played a Schecter C1 with EMGs through a Cube 60 in the store and it sounded seriously bad, why did it sound worse than my Blackhawk?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
coz its a cube
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
coz its a cube

+1, try it through something that's more like your own amp... (guessing that's the vox da15 :s...)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by poipoi
+1, try it through something that's more like your own amp... (guessing that's the vox da15 :s...)

well if you look at my sig you'll see that it is the same amp, i have a vox and my cube, i dont really use the vox, its at my mates

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
solid states will clip the output of active pickups so they sound ****. The only way to get proper tone out of actives is with a valve amp
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
solid states will clip the output of active pickups so they sound ****. The only way to get proper tone out of actives is with a valve amp

This.

And that's also one of the reasons I never buy Active PUs.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

ahright thanks.

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
It's definately the amp. I never played thru Roland amp until recently and OMG they are the worse. I tried them because so many people here seem to love them and recomend them all the time. I played two top of the line Gibson Les Pauls thru a a micro cube and the Roland cube and they made the guitar sound like one you would get at Wal*Mart. People put down Line 6 but I think my amp is 100x better than the Rolands I tried.

I have several guitars with EMGs and I have no problem getting good sound thru my SS amp.

John
Quote by johnro6659
It's definately the amp. I never played thru Roland amp until recently and OMG they are the worse. I tried them because so many people here seem to love them and recomend them all the time. I played two top of the line Gibson Les Pauls thru a a micro cube and the Roland cube and they made the guitar sound like one you would get at Wal*Mart. People put down Line 6 but I think my amp is 100x better than the Rolands I tried.

I have several guitars with EMGs and I have no problem getting good sound thru my SS amp.

John

I swear, every post I've seen is you putting down Roland Cubes .
Yeah, because I went to try them and they are crap. I was willing to give them the benifit of doubt until I played thru some. I would never comment on something I didn't try myself now that I tried them I know they are no where near as good as people say.

John
Quote by Horlicks
I swear, every post I've seen is you putting down Roland Cubes .

I agree with him about the cubes...everybody here recommends them and they aren't much better (if any better) than the amps the are recommended over.
its just the way SS does with active pickups. The few times I use my EMG equipped guitar with my SS it just sounds sick, not in a good way.
Honestly, my EMG's through my spider 75w sound okay. But through my b-52 they sound awesome. But its not a $700 difference by any means.