Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye
Holy ****, that was sweet. Didn't like the cheesy intro, but everything after that was just beautiful! Keep it up!
Cheesy intro? LOL. Some people love it, some people hate it. Can't please everybody I guess. Those are my Metallica roots showing through.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

I was kinda skeptical during the intro, then you got into the song and I nearly creamed my jeans. I've watched your cover videos before and had wondered where some original material was, and it was amazing haha. Now pardon me while I go watch it again. XD
This is our last chance.
pretty awesome i must say, and probably better then i can do. but i must also so say its pretty "cookie cutter" type of metal that this dam kids are listening to today. Don't get me wrong i love harmonies, but i honestly believe that whole riffs don't need to be harmonized, starts to cheeze it up a bit. and i'm not sure what tuning your in but, on a side rant, i'm sick of tuned down guitars.

p.s. i actually thought the intro was the best part of the song. i love clean intros into a metal fury
Last edited by jamzhetisgod at Dec 31, 2008,
Thanks for your opinion jamzhetisgod. However, I do take exception to the "cookie cutter metal" comment. Is it the excessive use of harmonization that you believe makes it "cookie cutter metal", or something else? I happen to really like bands such as All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, BFMV, and if you would describe them as "cookie cutter metal" bands, then I must say that I love "cookie cutter metal". I also love old school metal like old Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer. I don't understand why people tend to stay in one camp or the other and take cheapshots at the others, but that's another discussion in itself.

I am a sucker for harmonies, I will admit. I never get sick of them, so I tend to use them a lot. As for down-tuning, I used to share your opinion, but now I don't really mind it. I think many bands do it to better fit the range of the vocalist. Others do it to get a bit of a heavier edge. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but lower tunings definitely sound heavier to me. I'm in drop C BTW.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

I really enjoyed the heaviness. I have something I would like you to work on if you feel up to it??!! (Thats a question)
Its the excessive use of harmonies that makes you sound just like all the other bands you mentioned.

The newer bands you speak of are little more than Iron Maiden wannabes with the Metallica heaviness. Period!

Nothing wrong with harmonizing though. Nothing wrong with being heavy. Just make that heaviness yours. Make your sound not someone elses.
Other than that I have enjoyed the tuneage!!
Really nice stuff, constantly throwing out gold riffs and harmonizations throughout the whole song. I usually don't like metalcore stuff, but this is definitly a step up from stuff like as I lay dying or atreyu. The intro kinda sounds a bit too much like metallica's One to me, though, but other than that, it's very tight. The drums= amazing.

Anyways, if you have the time to check out a fellow metalhead's music: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035659
i liked it....you have some skills man...what gear did you use in this videos...i loved that second solo

EDIT nvm watch the video washburn....
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Jan 1, 2009,