Heylo, there.
I'm getting a new amp sometime next year (soon, hopefully) and I need some suggestions. I was planning on getting a Marshall Micro-Stack(http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack?sku=482705), but it's a bit over my budget. And since everybody on UG says MG's suck (xD), I'll probably go with a Roland Cube.

I play mostly My Chemical Romance, Billy Talent, Rise Against and a bit of Green Day. I've been dabbing in some AC/DC, Led Zep, and GNR.

I'd prefer to get a SS, as tubes are freakin' expensive, and the exchange rate isn't helping (I live in Canada ). So anything affordable, that means under $350 CAD (around $300 USD).

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
You may want to look into a Vox Valvetronix.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales

Valvetronix are modelling amps, right?
I'm trying to stay away from those. I forgot to put that my original post.
So, no Spiders, Vypyrs, etc. Thanks though.

P.S. I might try some modelling amps later though.
Quote by shadow__666

+1
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
The Cubes are also modelers except the 15x. Are you gigging? If not you can probably look into a Peavey transtube amp, or maybe an Epiphone Valve Jr.

If you are, you're gonna have to go used.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
There's nothing wrong with GOOD modelling amps. The Roland Cube is generally considered a good one, as is the Vox and the Vypyrs.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Kay. I'll go check some amps on the weekend.
No, I'm not gigging; just messing around with friends occasionally (no drums) and bedroom practice.
Any specific models you want me to check out? I heard the Bandit is a great amp, or is there something better?
Valve Junior and some pedals
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
So, right now, I think it's down to these amps: a Roland Cube, a Peavey Vypyr, a Fender Champ XD (I like Fender amps, so it's a bit biased xD), or an Epiphone Valve Junior. Which one of these amps has the best built-in distortion? Or should I just go out and buy a MXR or Boss Distortion pedal?
Quote by myXchem
Valvetronix are modelling amps, right?
I'm trying to stay away from those. I forgot to put that my original post.
So, no Spiders, Vypyrs, etc. Thanks though.

P.S. I might try some modelling amps later though.

with all due respect, what the **** do you think the Cube is?

Quote by myXchem
So, right now, I think it's down to these amps: a Roland Cube, a Peavey Vypyr, a Fender Champ XD (I like Fender amps, so it's a bit biased xD), or an Epiphone Valve Junior. Which one of these amps has the best built-in distortion? Or should I just go out and buy a MXR or Boss Distortion pedal?

um...ok.

Go with the Vypyr. It has more than twice the amount of effects, amp models, rack effects, and versatility capabilities as the Cubes.

I used to own a Cube and i can honestly say after playing the Vypyr 75, it is MUCH nicer
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Dec 31, 2008,
you could check out those Raven amps at Guitar center(buy online?)

the clean channel is very nice(IMHO) and responds well with pedals(at lower volumes for me, anyway) the 60 watter w/effects loop and reverb(the reverb SUCKS. i leave it off and use a pedal anyway) aint too bad for $199..
Prong =
ehh those Raven amps kinda suck. They seriously lack in gain, and tone for anything really.

but hey, to each their own
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
ehh those Raven amps kinda suck. They seriously lack in gain, and tone for anything really.

but hey, to each their own

exactly...
Prong =
with all due respect, what the **** do you think the Cube is?

No.
Ya... I know nothing. My friend has been pressuring me to buy one.

I'll probably go with a Vypyr though. Thank you everyone for helping. =]
And sorry for being a noob. >.<