Hey chaps. I just discovered a 5150II for £400, but apparently the owner says it needs revalving. Any idea how much this would set me back? considering I was looking at spending £800 on a new head, price isn't that much of an issue. What tubes would be good too?
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Do you have a cabinet to go along with it?
Gear:
Fender Strat American Deluxe,
Halfsize Custom Electro-acoustic
Yamaha Classical
Tanglewood Dreadnought

10w Marshall
120w Line 6 Spider II
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

Yamaha Digital Piano
Yamaha Keyboard
I'd say 100 quid tops, and that's if you go mental and buy really really top quality ones.

I think I spent like 40/50 on my 5150, but you have one extra tube, and prices may have gone up but I'm not sure.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Get JJ's if you can
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Full retube or just the power tubes?...

go to https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=8&sub_category_id=41 and take your pick. Keep in mind these are US dollars so you'll have to convert to whatever the fack a quid is.

they have full retube kits with multiple options for the 5150II
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
I'm okay to spend £100
I saved £800 for a head so I would have plenty of money left over... for valves and maybe a Maxon OD808.
Even better, I will have say £250 to spend to make my sound better. I got a Randall 2x12 with V30s, so what sort of pedal/**** could I get.
Or is a tc electronic g major worth it?
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.