A friend got some drums for xmas so i figured i would learn some easy drumming acdc songs for him to get started with. I dont know much about drums but they seem easy 4/4 time simple beats so I assume they are easy.

Quick question about "Have a drink on me"
I got the main riff down but I dont like the way its tabbed in all the high rated tabs. I watched angus play it and i believe hes doing it the same way I am but its hard to see on youtube because i cant hear on my work computer ( no sound).

The tabbed versions call for a E on the 9th fret G string then moving down to Pulloff 7 to 5 on the same string. I listen to the song i dont hear a slide so why play 2 positions? I found its smoother to just move up to the 5th fret grab the same E note on the B string and then play the 7 pull off 5 on the G string. Sorry if this is confusing im bad at getting my tabs to come out right when I post.

So the question is which way does angus play the lick. Id rather play it authentic before I burn it into muscle memory and start rocking it out. I know its a minor detail but I like to learn covers the "right" way first even if its not the most comfortable for me.

Thanks in advance
I would play it on the 5th on the B string also. I would just do whatever you feel comfortable with. I always try to have the riffs on the lower frets. Maybe it's a mind thing, but I think it sounds better with distortion. It does look like Angus plays the E on the 9th fret of the G string.
Last edited by Guitar Guy21 at Dec 31, 2008,

--------------------------------------
----------------------8---------------
--5h6-------7-----7s9---9s7---7-5b----
--5---------7---------------7------7--
--0---0-0---0-------------------------
--------------------------------------

barre first finger for the first two "chords" (the G and D strings at first the fifth, then the seventh fret). Palm mute the open A string in between.

Sliding out of position to that upper note (9th fret) on the G string is a real common thing to do in rock and blues. (examples: SRV, La Grange, etc.) See post from a week or so by CowboyUp in this forum titled "how to make the penta scale less bluesy" or something like that, I talk about this particular lick a bit more in that thread.

The bend on the G string is just a little bend, a half step or less. Give it a little nudge towards the top of the neck with your first finger. You will notice this is the opposite direction you would normally bend one of the upper strings, but it's common technique in blues and rock when bending that b3 note up to a major 3rd.

There are no pulloffs in this lick, at least the way Angus played it.