Hi, I'm helping my friend pick out a new amp. He plays hard rock sometimes (AC/DC) but most of the time he plays heavy metal (Metallica, Slipknot). He wants to spend no more than $120 on a new amp, so whats the best one he could get for everything he wants to play and can accomadate his price range? Thanks for the help.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Save up a bit and get a better one...$120 isn't going to get him much.

What's he playing at the moment?
$120 for heavy metal...oh god...well good luck with that.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Mazzakazza
Save up a bit and get a better one...$120 isn't going to get him much.

What's he playing at the moment?

He has a Behringer amp that has like this overdriven tone. It's 10 watts and he wants to play metal with it but it doesn't give you any metal tones at all.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Seriously, yell him to save up and get a nicer amp. For $120, he's not going to get anything much better, if at all, than that Behringer.
A Roland micro cube?
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
My dad may be cheap as ****, but even he knows not to expect anything good out of such a cheap amp. Save up, and get a Vox Valvetronix, or save up more and get a Valveking.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
My dad may be cheap as ****, but even he knows not to expect anything good out of such a cheap amp. Save up, and get a Vox Valvetronix, or save up more and get a Valveking.

valveking wont do it. neither would 120 bucks. unless he really wants something just as crap as the behringer.

the only chance you have to get anything that is worth looking at would be used. check out pawn shops. look at craigslist.

even then you probably wont get anything much better.