Alright so right now im playing my vintage fender telecaster through a vintage fender pro reverb amp and it sounds amazing when i play it clean but when i add distortion it doesnt sound to good..

..what i want is a good half stack amp under 500 dollars.

i have a distortion pedal so i doesnt have to a distortion channel but it has to sound good when i add distortion to it

any ideas?
why a half stack??
you could buy a B-52 at 112 60w combo for only $350
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
There isn't one, look at combos instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
inb4buyacmbo

sh!t...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by espplayer400
peavey windsor half stack. on musicians friend. its tube i think too

this is not what you want

there are no "good" halfstacks for under 500
if anything get a combo
or a head and a 2x12 cab
4x12 sick to haul around

if you want tube get a combo

i recommend a b-52 at12
60w
good gain channel
amazing cleans
in your price range
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Isn't the pro reverb a tube combo? If so you really just need a solid distortion type box.....Check out the Fulltone GT500 or a Catalinbread SCOD...You will be very pleased I believe.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by vivalajosho

Ts may i ask you WHY DO YOU WANT A HALF STACK???
and a common N00Bish UGer will answer "cuz it looks cool"
TS just get the combo amps we suggested
you can play the B-52 in gigs with its 60watts of tube power,imho
feel free to add me
TS, where are you going to playing? Is this a bedroom thing or are you in a band/gigging/etc.?

the B-52 AT112 is probably the best choice of amp thats in your price range, its a 60w tube amp in a 1x12. Has very distinguished cleans and a solid OD, even without a pedal. Even if you are gigging 60 tube watts, especially if you are miced, is plenty of watts for almost anyone.

To be honest, there really are no good halfstacks in that price range, a combo is what will end up being the best thing for you.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by justlivin
this is not what you want

there are no "good" halfstacks for under 500
if anything get a combo
or a head and a 2x12 cab
4x12 sick to haul around

if you want tube get a combo

i recommend a b-52 at12
60w
good gain channel
amazing cleans
in your price range

The Windsor is actually a very good amp for the price. Best advice...go try different amps in your price range (I'd try up to $1000)...find what you like...and if its under $500 buy it...if not, look for it used.
Also, the windsor is pretty easy to mod to be an exact JCM800 copy. That speaks for itself
Quote by Bloodshed
Isn't the pro reverb a tube combo? If so you really just need a solid distortion type box.....Check out the Fulltone GT500 or a Catalinbread SCOD...You will be very pleased I believe.

This.

Otherwise look at a single channel head or combo amp for your dirty tones and A/B the two heads together.
Unless you mean a low wattage half stack.
Then you should look at Epiphone Valve Juniors, Blackhearts and/or Orange Tiny Terrors
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by RG_FANMAN
This.

Otherwise look at a single channel head or combo amp for your dirty tones and A/B the two heads together.

This.

I'd really go for the second option if you're already satisfied with your clean tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A GOOD halfstack for under 500, there isnt such a thing. There are halfstacks for that price but they certainly arent going to be good. Its hard to find just the head unit for 500 much less a cab to go with it. Think of the economics 4 decent speakers are gonna cost over 300 so that doesnt leave much to build an amp and cab with.
sorry for being so noobish so i think im going to get a good distortion pedal first and see how it sounds through my amp right now... but the B-52 AT-112 sounds like a good amp
It may just be the speakers. A lot of Fender amps I've tried have really bad stock speakers. They don't work very well with distortion but usually work great with cleans.
Quote by mmolteratx
It may just be the speakers. A lot of Fender amps I've tried have really bad stock speakers. They don't work very well with distortion but usually work great with cleans.

thats why fender is known for its great cleans
feel free to add me
Quote by vivalajosho
Alright so right now im playing my vintage fender telecaster through a vintage fender pro reverb amp and it sounds amazing when i play it clean but when i add distortion it doesnt sound to good..
Well for classic rock sure, but if your trying to get metal tones from a single coil you will likely be disappointed. A good bridge humbucker guitar and a quality metal pedal should do the job. While the pro reverb is by no means a metal amp, it may be coaxed close enough for you with the right pedal if it's not the majority of what you play.
Umm...I don't know why so many people are hating on half stacks under half a grand. Have you not heard of low wattage stacks? That's all you're going to get that is good in this range. That doesn't mean they suck though.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Umm...I don't know why so many people are hating on half stacks under half a grand. Have you not heard of low wattage stacks? That's all you're going to get that is good in this range. That doesn't mean they suck though.

I think when people talk about half stacks, they're talking about 100 watt heads wiht 4x12 cabs, not Little Giants on top of cabs.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I think when people talk about half stacks, they're talking about 100 watt heads wiht 4x12 cabs, not Little Giants on top of cabs.

Ah. Well given my current situation (16, no job, and not wanting to be threatened with disownment for playing too loud) and still wanting a halfstack, I think of <15w.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by vivalajosho
sorry for being so noobish so i think im going to get a good distortion pedal first and see how it sounds through my amp right now... but the B-52 AT-112 sounds like a good amp

Too bad they blow up after 3 weeks.....seriously.
At least you had 3 weeks of great tone then.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by Highwaytohell
Might I ask what kind of distortion pedal you are using?

I use a DigiTech RP200

The worst pedal ever invented..

..im going to buy a MXR dyna comp or a MXR super comp

and im still looking for a good distortion pedal
I got a B-52 AT-100 All-tube Triple rectifier + A Hughes and Kettener 4x12 cab for $400 bucks on craigslist. You would look for something like that if you were smart. happy amp hunting!