Im working on pinch harmonics and I can't seem to get the harmonic very loud. So I hold the pick down towards the bottom so that the pinch harmonic will be more of a fluid motion. I pick the string lightly go over it with my thumb, and then bend the string or do a vabrato. But it's not verry loud. Most of the time the pinch harmonic is louder than the regular note. So I try to play the note louder and then do the pinch harmonic. But that doesn't do anything either. What next?

Here is the link that I used to get the technique.

PINCH HARMONCIS HOW-TO
Turn up the gain on your amp/pedals, make sure you are on a very distorted/extremely overdriven sound to start with.

Try doing it at different places along the string, there are plenty of different pitches, and if you can't get one, maybe you're in the wrong place?

Also, keep practicing. Crazily.
Last edited by ginjaninja at Dec 31, 2008,
ummm don't pick lightly?

try digging in there with the pick.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Quote by ACFCPatrick
ummm don't pick lightly?

try digging in there with the pick.

Pretty much.

Check out my harmonics lessons on youtube and you might pick up some stuff as well.
So try to dig into the string, and make it more distorted/put up the gain/ overdrive boost?

is that about it?

oh and practice:tounge:
So try to dig into the string, and make it more distorted/put up the gain/ overdrive boost?

is that about it?

oh and practice