Hey Guys!!

I need help with this!! Im kinda torn between two amps,and they are the vox ad30vt and the Roland cube 30x
I cant decide which to buy so i figured il ask here!anyways

I play a wide variety of music -Blues,Punk,Heavy Metal,Alternative,Hard Rock and Classic Rock.

They both have basic effects built into them so im not bothered there.
And there both 30 watts so they should be sufficiant for band practice and maybe a small gig!
So please leave a comment on which to get cos i cant decide!
(Ps i saw a thread for this before but i cant find it so sorry for posting it again!)
Cube hands down
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Personally, I would look at the ad30vt. I went into the store pretty much dead set on the roland cube but the sales associate turned me on to the vox.

I definitely liked that it had more amp models (22 total, i believe) than the cube. Also, the high-gain sound I usually like still was 6 models away from the highest setting on the vox, whereas the rectifier was the highest you can go on the cube.

I know you said the effects didn't matter much, but I was overall much more satisfied with the wider range of effects and customability of said effects on the vox.

Maybe it was just a really good sales guy, but I felt that the vox's preamp tube did help give it a much better sound than the cube, overall.
Vox hands down

No seriously, try them yourself. They shouldn't be hard to find if you live near a GC/any music store...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Discgolf
Personally, I would look at the ad30vt. I went into the store pretty much dead set on the roland cube but the sales associate turned me on to the vox.

I definitely liked that it had more amp models (22 total, i believe) than the cube. Also, the high-gain sound I usually like still was 6 models away from the highest setting on the vox, whereas the rectifier was the highest you can go on the cube.

I know you said the effects didn't matter much, but I was overall much more satisfied with the wider range of effects and customability of said effects on the vox.

Maybe it was just a really good sales guy, but I felt that the vox's preamp tube did help give it a much better sound than the cube, overall.

Thanks....i am more biased towards the vox after seeing a review of it on you tube!
i have that exact same vox!!! get it... you will not be disappointed at all. I swear
Yeah, it's a sick amp.

Still waiting for mine to get shipped to me...dang holiday last-minute shopping.
I got a Vox and for that price point it's incredible. Call before you go to a GC if it's a ride, cuz they keep selling out of them pretty much as soon as they get 'em in.

Just don't mix yourself up with the naming...the AD30VT is now the "old" model with 11 Amp Models, the new VT30 has 22.

And again, don't be confused by typical hybrid design...the Valvetronix line does not use a tube in the pre-amp, it's in the power stage which makes sense in a modeling amp. That's the secret to the sound quality.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah