Yeah, so I recently got my mind set on getting a hardware drum machine for practice. I don't even own a metronome, but I figured I might aswell get a drum machine or at least check what you have to say about it.
To be perfectly honest, I know nothing about drum machines, but I found the RC2 loop station... It seems rather cool, but it feels overkill to buy it just for the drum patterns.
So help me out, I know you're the best.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Google hydrogen drum machine, it works well and is free, as opposed to £120. Make sure you download the right version for your OS, because it was developed for linux.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
There are so many options! Here are a few.

1. Get some freeware software for drum loops. I use Hydrogen myself--its a bit of an uphill curve to learn at first but highly versatile.
2. Go to thrift stores, garage sales and find a good cheap keyboard with built in drum loops. I have a Realistic keyboard that someone gave me for free. Its a cheesy keyboard, but it has over 99 drum loops.
3. Get a cheap multi-effects pedal with a drum loop.
4. Marry a drummer. Drastic, I know, but it worked for me.
Quote by anarkee
There are so many options! Here are a few.

1. Get some freeware software for drum loops. I use Hydrogen myself--its a bit of an uphill curve to learn at first but highly versatile.
2. Go to thrift stores, garage sales and find a good cheap keyboard with built in drum loops. I have a Realistic keyboard that someone gave me for free. Its a cheesy keyboard, but it has over 99 drum loops.
3. Get a cheap multi-effects pedal with a drum loop.
4. Marry a drummer. Drastic, I know, but it worked for me.

Number four has been my dream the last three years or so.
A cheap multi-effects might do the trick, but I'd much rather hear that there is a designated stomp box or pedal that does this I'm afraid.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Lilldjuret
Number four has been my dream the last three years or so.
A cheap multi-effects might do the trick, but I'd much rather hear that there is a designated stomp box or pedal that does this I'm afraid.

Digitech BP200

About $150 and has a whole bunch of effects that you can use while using the built in drums (which are quite versatile if I do say so myself)
Quote by Royal Celebi
Digitech BP200

About $150 and has a whole bunch of effects that you can use while using the built in drums (which are quite versatile if I do say so myself)

The only BP model which is $150 here in sweden is the 50 one. Might have a look into it still though.
There are no practice amps which a built in drummer either? I have a vague memory of one of the Cubes having it when I tried it out, but I haven't found anything. :/

EDIT: Found it. It was in the Micro version for bass. However, I don't think those tiny speakers can deal with my low b that well...

EDIT 2: The Zoom B1 is less than $100 and contains a little drummer inside. Any comments?
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Last edited by Lilldjuret at Dec 31, 2008,
I think it might surprise you, actually. Expensive though it may be, that's a well-built little amp. Wouldn't make much sense to get it just for the drum machine though...

I agree with the other folks, give this a look:
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think it might surprise you, actually. Expensive though it may be, that's a well-built little amp. Wouldn't make much sense to get it just for the drum machine though...

I agree with the other folks, give this a look:
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/

That looks nice indeed. I'm gonna give it a whirl later. Hopefully I can live with only having it in my laptop.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I don't know a whole lot about drum machines, but what I do know is that the RC-2 is 100% not a drum machine.

Well, it contains a drum machine in the loop station, whereas I said it felt overkill just to get the rhythm section.

Well, found these two...

http://www.thomann.de/se/alesis_sr16.htm

http://www.thomann.de/se/zoom_rt223.htm

A shame I probably can't get to try 'em
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
Last edited by Lilldjuret at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by NKF176
Any other free ones apart from hydrogen, it doesnt work on m PC....

Anything you can get with bittorent and a crack?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
But there is no drum loops, it's only a metronome.

It does contain drum loops, a whole assortment really. I would never use it like a drum machine though.
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!
No, I guess not.

Anyway, I tried out the hammerhead. It's ok and it's really lightweight. I can't really try the Hydrogen as of now due to connection problems...
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl

Believing Carlos!