I'm looking for some good TV Documentaries about Metal, I've watched:
- Some Kind of Monster
- Metallimania
- Get Thrashed
and
- Death Metal; A Documentary

I really enjoyed all of them, anyone know of some other good ones?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
watch corpse's dvd.
it shows a good perspective of metal.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

Great documentary.

Along with
HEAVY
The Story of Metal.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
It's not a TV documentary, but Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is really good.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Heavy: The Story of Metal sucks, don't watch it.

Instead, watch the Global Metal documentary, made by the same guys as Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.
If you ever see the Seven Ages of Rock on tv (most likely vh1 classic), you'll definitely be disappointed by the metal episode.
First of all, they try to compact the entire history of metal into a 1 hour show. Then all they talk about is Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Glam Metal, and Metallica. (and a little bit of Deep Purple, which I don't even think of as a metal band). And the show stops after Metallica's black album.

Nothing about modern metal. Nothing about Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, or Trivium. Basically, the show sucks.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
Quote by flyingferrets
Nothing about modern metal. Nothing about Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, or Trivium. Basically, the show sucks.

A Headbanger's Journey is shit. How the fuck are Cradle of Filth NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL? And why even call it Norwegian black metal? It didn't even begin there and the scene nowadays is laughable.

Also, does doom metal exist?
Quote by flyingferrets
If you ever see the Seven Ages of Rock on tv (most likely vh1 classic), you'll definitely be disappointed by the metal episode.
First of all, they try to compact the entire history of metal into a 1 hour show. Then all they talk about is Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Glam Metal, and Metallica. (and a little bit of Deep Purple, which I don't even think of as a metal band). And the show stops after Metallica's black album.

You're an idiot.
Quote by V.U.K
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

Great documentary.

Along with
HEAVY
The Story of Metal.

I have i t on DVD. Pisses me off they have Rage Against The Machine and Slipknot in there as representatives of metal, but it's a damn good and well researched doc. Possibly one of the best around.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by The Kreator
Heavy: The Story of Metal sucks, don't watch it.

Instead, watch the Global Metal documentary, made by the same guys as Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.

I agree, watch Global Metal. I haven't seen it yet but it looked interesting from the trailer.
Quote by Grimmy101
I agree, watch Global Metal. I haven't seen it yet but it looked interesting from the trailer.

The whole thing is on google video.
Lamb of god has a few videos... pretty epic stuff
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
The best one I've seen was 666 At Calling Death. It's a death and black metal doc from 1993. The big flaw is that it's obviously biased towards death metal, and anti-black metal. It has interviews with just about everyone.

Youtube it.
Quote by dminishedthingy
Is Global Metal any good?
I heard Salem are on it, which is pretty cool, but that's about it.

The guy from Salem said that Varg sent him a nailbomb sometime in 1992.
Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is pretty good. Cradle of Filth and Slipknot/RATM ruin it. I kinda like RATM though.

I'm watching Global Metal as I type this, it's pretty interesting.. not the Japan part so much, the Brazil segment was really cool though.
I've seen Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. It's like some guy who just got his degree and tries to better understand why metal is stereotyped. I've also seen Heavy: The History Of Metal. It breaks down metal into four parts and has lots of interviews with musicians.
That one Legalise Murder was pretty funny, although I don't think its online to watch for free anymore.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Hmm, I'm up to like, part 9 or so and it's damn interesting. Some of those Chinese bands are gr1m as fvck.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
I have i t on DVD. Pisses me off they have Rage Against The Machine and Slipknot in there as representatives of metal, but it's a damn good and well researched doc. Possibly one of the best around.

He explains why he did this in the version with his and the director talking about the movie over it (few good stories while the movie's playing on it). He says although they're borderline metal at best, that he wanted to try and represent all possible types/styles that some people might consider metal, and rule nothing out.

EDIT: And I just watched global metal, and there are some sick bands on it, although briefly, makes me wanna check them out online.
Last edited by FifthHorsemen at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by Tehzekester
Global Metal is good.

I'm surprised at a lot of these guys' English. Perfect. And I don't know how the hell some of the guys don't have accents, guess they were born somewhere else.

The Chinese guy was born in NY

Stupid name.