Ok so i recently bought an Ibanez RG350EX and it has an EDGE 3 Tremlo on it...i want to tune it to Drop B but when i first tried to the trem dropped too much and the strings were really slinky like.

Any advice??? (no annoying people saying "dont play in that tuning" etc."

thanks
First you need thicker gauge strings if you don't want the strings to be "floppy". 11.s, 12.s or 13.s, most recommended.
Second you would have to adjust the tremelo since you have tuned so low, loosening the spring screws in the cavity should make the trem rise.
Best read a guide on tremelos and set ups as tuning to B would screw up your action and intonation too.
buy a 7string string set and put on the 6 thickest strings (B E A D G B)
and then tune it to B F# B E G# C#.....

I did that on my Explorer and it feels and sounds amazing!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
You're best off by getting some .12, and get it set up once, so you know it's okay.
i have floyd rose floater and when i changed the strings 1st time i used a .10 on the 1st strg by the time i put on the 6th strg my bar had really dropped i was told at the end of it that when it was released by jackson the specs called for 1st to be .009 if i wanted to keep those strgs my bridge had to be set for those strgs i did that and have been satisfied since
Quote by zorbozate
i have floyd rose floater and when i changed the strings 1st time i used a .10 on the 1st strg by the time i put on the 6th strg my bar had really dropped i was told at the end of it that when it was released by jackson the specs called for 1st to be .009 if i wanted to keep those strgs my bridge had to be set for those strgs i did that and have been satisfied since

Wtf? I didnt understand a ****.

To play in drop B, get thicker strings (preferably 13s, 12 will do okay.)
The advice to get a 7 string set is good too. And you will have to TIGHTEN the springs in the back of your guitar. Not loosen them as someone said. Depending on how many springs you have you should add one. 3 springs should be perfect for this. However, if you want to tune this set of 13s up to normal tuning you must add a 4th spring.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Yeah you wanna make sure youve got thick enough strings so that they will stay in tune. Also if it was set up for standard your gonna have to make the spring tension lighter by loosening the springs in the back. Basically you wanna put the strings on ONE AT A TIME not all at once as this will cause your springs to pop out and you having to reset the trem. Tune up to preffered tuning and if the bridge is leaning back loosen your spring tension if its leaning forward you need more spring tension, have patience and make sure the trem sits parallel with the body and level otherwise you will lose your tuning stability and ruin your knife edges in most cases.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor