Page 1 of 2
the amp i have atm is a gibson studio 10s, without the pedal on the amp the gain on full sounds clean? ive been youtubing line 6 15s and im suprised how heavy they can be, although people on youtube dont tell you if they are using a pedal. i mostly play metallica, kse, bullet for my valentine and my own stuff which i like to sound like a cross between kse and bullet. anyone have any reccomendations of another metal amp or tell me about line 6 distortion?
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Line 6 Spider's don't come highly recommended...

There's far better for the price, though if i were you , I'd simply save a little more. What is your budget for the moment?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Vypyr
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I guarantee that the Line 6 will sound better than whatever distortion pedal you're using now.
buy a line 6 fx pedal

edit: wait youre in dire need of a new amp. id save up for either a Roland Cube 15, or a VOX ad15vt
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
You're not gigging i assume?

If so, I'd look into either

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/70527

or

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77819

I realise they both require you to save a little (the second one moreso) but people round here generally recommend them for the sort of music you're trying to play
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

i have a line 6 75 watt amp...its alright and yeah i play some metallica but mostly thrash stuff so yeah save up..line 6 amps arent all that great but i got a 75 watt one i got for my birthday which was alright...im planning on getting a 100 watt combo amp from marshall or mesa. u should look into thoes i guess but those are tube amps
hmmm i havent looked into peaveys much, how much is this vypr -_-
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
^ Look at those two links i put up
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

i did, i like the look of the peavy the quantity of the knobs on that amp arouses me (my amp has 4, so you understand why)
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
i did, i like the look of the peavy the quantity of the knobs on that amp arouses me (my amp has 4, so you understand why)

There's a special word for being aroused by knobs...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMo1nkMztA
Last edited by Horlicks at Dec 31, 2008,
^
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

oh, i know, but i prefer not to say
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
If he had vetta money..
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
this must be the hundredth time ive had to say it...

do not get a line 6 spider III

for a similar priced amp thats better, you could get a roland microcube, peavey vyper, or a vox advt15

a line 6 could replace your pedal, but with the 15w amps the distortion sounds more like fuzz. I can't play on the insane channel without laughing at how terrible it sounds. It sounds like my amp is about to split in two like its tearing itself apart when I play on the insane distortion channel.

The 75w and above have better distortion(not sure on the 30w), but if you had enough money to get that youd still be better off getting a higher watt version of the amps i listed above.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Dec 31, 2008,
omfg, line 6 can suck my dong, search peavey vypyr in youtube, i nearly creamed. peavey it is!
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
just remember, line 6 spider III blows, but line 6 makes great products.

but yeah, i see you decided on the vyper, good choice.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Yeah, line 6 makes some great products.

Their vettas can be summed up in one emoticon:
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
line 6 pods are also great
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I was gonna say that too, but I guess PODs also means the pocket pod, which isn't that great if you ask me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Yeah, line 6 makes some great products.

Their vettas can be summed up in one emoticon:

i would do very bad things for a vetta.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Well I have a Line 6 spider III 30w... I don't see how everyone is bashing Line 6s I think it's amazing and probably the best amp I've played on. The different channels are awesome and you can also put it on insane and turn down the drive if it's a lil too beefy for ya. :p

But yeah the only bad part was I bought a distortion pedal before for my Peavy amp (which sucks...) and then I got my spider III so I lost money on the pedal!!!

Anyways thats my input and good luck.
Quote by Ex Shred
Well I have a Line 6 spider III 30w... I don't see how everyone is bashing Line 6s I think it's amazing and probably the best amp I've played on. The different channels are awesome and you can also put it on insane and turn down the drive if it's a lil too beefy for ya. :p

But yeah the only bad part was I bought a distortion pedal before for my Peavy amp (which sucks...) and then I got my spider III so I lost money on the pedal!!!

Anyways thats my input and good luck.

either you haven't played on many(or any) really good amps or your tone deaf.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
either you haven't played on many(or any) really good amps or your tone deaf.

Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with him having different tastes than any of us.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with him having different tastes than any of us.

id understand that, but if that were the case, he probably likes the modeling and would like the flextone or the spider valve better.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Yeah, I'm sure I look for different qualities in an amp than you, David_Bowie=GOD.
im just gonna keep my opinions to myself. no reason to start a fight over this.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Thanks all, I brought this amp to my parents attention and they approved of it bit they were like 30w!? Wtf? So I took a look at the 15w version, but my only concern is that is there any difference between these two amps apart from the wattage?
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
Thanks all, I brought this amp to my parents attention and they approved of it bit they were like 30w!? Wtf? So I took a look at the 15w version, but my only concern is that is there any difference between these two amps apart from the wattage?

It's cheaper. Therefore it's win.
Quote by t0m_r0cks

There is with the vypyr range, check the peavey website for details.
my question is how do you have two pretty good guitars but a not so good amp?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
well, my amp is essentially a lowgain amp due to gibson being a guitar brand that arent aimed at metal :/
btw i got my amp with the guitar (beginner pack) so the amps not gonna be no 75w marshall
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks

The 15w version has an 8" speaker. The 30w has a 12". I suggest trying both to find which one you actually like more. Keep in mind, however, double the wattage is NOT double the volume.

*EDIT*

Any guitar can do metal. The amp gives metal, you can't plug a BC Rich Draco into an acoustic amp and suddenly be ripping pinch harmonics like Zakk Wylde.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Page 1 of 2