I have 30 minutes till I go to guitar center and I have two questions before I go. 1) Does anyone know if all American Deluxe Strats come pre-routed for a Humbucker in the bridge? 2) I was planning on picking up a new pup. My two Choices for a single coil replacement is the DiMarzio Virtual Solo or the DiMarzio Chopper. I would prefer the more versatile pickup of the two. If my guitar is routed for a Humbucker i'll pick up probably a Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro.

Thanks. I you have any better pups suggestions please let me know!
Quote by sashki
Open your guitar up and have a look? It's the best way to be sure before buying a pickup that may or may not fit.

Yup, or bring it to the store and ask them!
?

You're retarded lol. They make HSS strats that have a humbucker in the bridge position.

And also, why the hell are you buying an american strat? If you're going to replace the pickups you might as well buy a mexican strat and just replace the pickups, since thats really the only problem with the mexi strats.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Dec 31, 2008,
strats have room for really, anything, its the pickguard thats the problem, you would have to replace the pickguard with a pickguard with a humbucker-sized hole. underneath the pickguard is just empty space.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by sesstreets
?

You're retarded lol. They make HSS strats that have a humbucker in the bridge position.

No, hes already got a strat and wants a new pickup, not a new axe
The Fender Stat Deluxe "HSS" version are routed for and include a humbucker in the bridge position. If it appears to be a triple single coil version it most likely is not routed for a humbucker, unless the bridge pup hole is routed deeply for a "stacked" humbucker. However, most stacked humbuckers are for reduced noise, not so much for a sound change.

Hope this helped.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by flashmdg
No, hes already got a strat and wants a new pickup, not a new axe

oh loloololol

Then no they usually don't come pre routed for that. You'd need a new pick guard and a router to make more room.

I mean its possible. But...
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
And also, why the hell are you buying an american strat? If you're going to replace the pickups you might as well buy a mexican strat and just replace the pickups, since thats really the only problem with the mexi strats.

As far as I know, all American Strats are routed for HSH unless they're a reissue.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by sesstreets
?

Thats why I want to know if American Deluxes come pre routed in HSS, so I don't have to go and buy I new HSS strat.

Also how would I remove the S-1 switching volume knob on my American deluxe?

EDIT 2: NVM I got the pickguard off it is routed for a HSH! yay!
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Dec 31, 2008,