Page 1 of 2
So 18 of the best channels are going to be taken off the air due to a company called viacom wanting more money. The channels include comedy central, nickelodeon, spike, mtv, vh1, and others. All channels go off tonight. You can still keep a channel but you have to pay a ridiculous fee to keep one.

This is really f*ucked up!!!

Time warner article
Last edited by scguitarking927 at Dec 31, 2008,
This is why Comcast pwns.
██████████████████████████████
i was worried about that for a second, then i realized i have cablevision
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by scguitarking927
So 18 of the best channels are going to be taken off the air due to a company called viacom wanting more money. The channels include comedy central, nickelodeon, spike, mtv, vh1, and others. All channels go off tonight. You can still keep a channel but you have to pay a ridiculous fee to keep one.

This is really f*ucked up!!!

Time warner article

You're ****ing stupid.

I read the article on foxnews.com and it's a POSSIBILITY.

Don't **** you're ****ing pants just yet kid.

And who ever said "Comcast pwns" or w/e.

I had comcast once. and even if you have comcast you'll still loose the channels because Time Warner isn't a cable company it's a ****ing studio.

so...you still loose.

/thread.
Quote by Ralbert07
This is why Comcast pwns.

Comcast is gay. I had insight (a small local company), but Comcast bought them out, and now our service sucks major dick. The internet is slower, and we have like 10 of every channel
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I live in Canada so this doesn't effect me. Enjoy your fail programming.
"I play guitar" - Me
Quote by silversoulcage
You're ****ing stupid.

I had comcast once. and even if you have comcast you'll still loose the channels because Time Warner isn't a cable company it's a ****ing studio.

so...you still loose.

/thread.

wow, you got him worked up.
Quote by silversoulcage
You're ****ing stupid.

so...you still loose.

/thread.

He's right, but settle down dude.
Quote by silversoulcage
You're ****ing stupid.

so...you still loose.

/thread.

You need to calm down! By the way, you spelled 'lose' wrong.
Quote by The Raven
He's right, but settle down dude.

Oh I'm not like high and mighty all worked up over it.

I just wish people would use a reliable news source.

Not Google. Anybody can post an article on google and call it "news" or the truth.

Fox News
MSNBC
CNBC
CNN

Any of those, though CNN can be really one sided about **** sometimes.
Quote by silversoulcage
You seem pretty worked up. Calm down.
theres a thing running on the bottom of my tv screen on all those channels saying its gonna get turned off. id say tahts a legit source
I know i saw this today, i thought they were kidding.....

edit :

"if a new carriage fee deal with Time Warner Cable Inc. is not agreed upon by then."

pay the ransom you pussies!!
ha i saw the alert on the bottom of my tv screen and i flipped out for a bit but then i remembered i have comcast. sucks for you though...losing comedy central
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by silversoulcage

Not Google. Anybody can post an article on google and call it "news" or the truth.

Fox News
MSNBC
CNBC
CNN

and fox is just a ****ing beacon of equality and balance
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Well atleast MTVs gone for a few minutes, my boycott worked.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by silversoulcage

Fox News
MSNBC
CNBC
CNN

And Fox News isn't?
Quote by silversoulcage

Fox News
MSNBC
CNBC
CNN

You're completely right, but I did jump when I saw this thread because I was watching VH1 Classic and the same message scrolled at the bottom of the screen nonstop, so I was under the impression too. I was deeply upset...

I have hope though because they pull this **** a lot and I remember last time it never actually happened, so let's just keep our fingers crossed >.<
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Get Cablevision, noobs.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i really don't care, i mean as long as the twilight zone marathon is on, i'm cool with it
"Spin round carosel when your horse isn't screwed in."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Indiana Scout Acoustic Guitar
Fender 25 Frontman Amp

Quote by kurt_cobain9
mayan civilization= destroyed. Shows how well they predicted their end doesn't it?
Um.. Now for the real story!

Viacom Wants Money, Yes. But Time Warner Cable doesnt wanna pay, because Viacom has their **** online and time warner isnt getting any money off of that.
Child of the Fence and Guitar n00b.
Quote by fret_racer82
There was this alert thing on the bottom of the TV screen on Comedy Central.

But I has teh Dish so it wont affect me

Same here, bro!

*High five*
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Now i cant watch spongebob!?!?!?!?!

WTF.

EDIT: i just read the article..... TW is to cheap to pay the viacom ppl for the channel. WTH. I pay 100 bucks a month for tv internet and phone. the least they can do is pay a few pennys for spongebob.
Last edited by JessicaGonzo at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by isaachary
And Fox News isn't?

he was joking you ****ing retard. msnbc is more bias toward the left than fox is to the right too

Edit: at first i was scared i couldn't watch spongebob either (while watching the spongebob movie), then i saw its only time warner
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix

Yairi DY-61 and I don't need anything else
Saw that last night, made me very angry, I love Comedy Central. I might just switch to satellite, TW has fucked over it's customers too much in the past year.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by metalderek
You need to calm down! By the way, you spelled 'lose' wrong.

Pwned.
Quote by Seth Shadows

You know what? This is the third or fourth time I see you post this. It isn't funny, it never was.

Leave the internet. Now.
I thought about caring for a second, then I remembered I had Bell Expressvu.... Canadian satellite pwns all of your cable TV.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Cox Cable ftw?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by Soulinfector
I live in Canada so this doesn't effect me. Enjoy your fail programming.

Ouch. I'd rather just not have those channels tbh......

Quote by Dodgeballer
he was joking you ****ing retard. msnbc is more bias toward the left than fox is to the right too

Edit: at first i was scared i couldn't watch spongebob either (while watching the spongebob movie), then i saw its only time warner

..........................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Last edited by figsandbobo at Dec 31, 2008,
Page 1 of 2