Hi guys,
I think it's the best guitar for the price range (350$) with stock pickups for blues/rock/Hard Rock.

Epiphone Dot

That's like the only really good axe in that range besides the Les Paul 100.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
pointless thread...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by rocker313
Hi guys,
I think it's the best guitar for the price range (350$) with stock pickups for blues/rock/Hard Rock.

Epiphone Dot

I have the studio version on the Dot and i love that thing to death. You drive it to do anything but "teH br00talz"

I loved the few I've played, but they all had very fat necks and high action.

For hard rock, you're gonna get tons of feedback if you're playing live.
Quote by Mike!

For hard rock, you're gonna get tons of feedback if you're playing live.

like feedback from the cround? on how theres like a hum?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
(Invalid img)

i want this in left handed NOW! why dont they have lefty versions?
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by Mike!
Action is enough enough to adjust. But for the sort of playing semi-hollows are made for, you want fairly high action anyway.

And fat? Epi necks are piss thin. I've played Strats with thicker necks than my Epi Dot Studio.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Now, that's an interesting point to make. You could, I guess, flip it around without too much trouble, but it'd be nice if they started making left-handed versions. and basses, for that matter.

you might like this one even more: http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsehoaldop9.html

(Invalid img)
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
damn xaviere, MAKE LEFTIES!
so cheap and awesome lookinh, heard they play like a dream too
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by MrFlibble
Action is enough enough to adjust. But for the sort of playing semi-hollows are made for, you want fairly high action anyway.

And fat? Epi necks are piss thin. I've played Strats with thicker necks than my Epi Dot Studio.

^ Coming from a guy who plays a '59 ( yours is gorgeous BTW), every neck must be piss thin compared to the RI's neck. I have small hands and I find my 339 neck to be a bit too thick ( compared to a 60s slim taper or the strat's neck).

I have a 339 with a 30/60 neck ( thicker than a 60s slim taper, thinner than a '59) and the epi neck was thicker than my 30/60, so I'm guessing it was closer to a '59 neck.

No complaints though, because they still are great guitars for the money.
Last edited by Mike! at Jan 1, 2009,
I think at that price range, it's worth looking into some different lesser known brands. I've played some great semi-hollows in that price range with better quality because they don't have a well known name stapled to them.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay