Palomino 30 watt 212 guitar amp (the V32) on sale for 300 dollars at musicians friend

thoughts please, and share concerns before i jump on this great deal
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

nice looking amp, especially for the price
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
how much is it to replace tubes and how often
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

Quote by rokknrollldude
how much is it to replace tubes and how often

Depends how many tubes are in the amp. Could be up to $150 or more if you replace ALL of the tubes (depending how many tubes there are).

You usually don't have to replace tubes for 8 months to a year if you take care of them. That means properly warming them up, cooling them down, not banging the amp around, etc.
I've had mine close to 2 years and haven't had to replace the tubes. The preamp tubes are dirt cheap and I don't think EL84 tubes are that much more.
a set of EL84 tubes will run you under $30 for both while the 12ax7 tubes are between $8-15. (US dollars)
Last edited by rawk1277 at Dec 31, 2008,
If you bought all JJ tubes it would be (from DougsTubes.com):

$11 x 4 - EL84s
$10 x 3 - 12AX7s

= $74 - Full retube

Power tubes will last ~2 years depending on use and how loud you play. Preamps last 1 - 2 years longer.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you bought all JJ tubes it would be (from DougsTubes.com):

$11 x 4 - EL84s
$10 x 3 - 12AX7s

= $74 - Full retube

Power tubes will last ~2 years depending on use and how loud you play. Preamps last 1 - 2 years longer.

With low use, tubes can last up to 5+ years. They are a lot like lightbulbs, if you rarely use the light, the bulb will last forever.
Quote by rawk1277
With low use, tubes can last up to 5+ years. They are a lot like lightbulbs, if you rarely use the light, the bulb will last forever.

Sure, they can last longer or less, just throwing out a general number, so he realizes he's not going to have to be replacing them all the time
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Sure, they can last longer or less, just throwing out a general number, so he realizes he's not going to have to be replacing them all the time

I hear you. I don't fire my main amp up unless I have to, I play out of my cube if at all possible to keep the palomino running right.
Quote by rawk1277
I hear you. I don't fire my main amp up unless I have to, I play out of my cube if at all possible to keep the palomino running right.

Yeah, most times I play unplugged

I don't play out of my amps anymore unless I came up with a sweet song idea and I want to hear it really loud
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com